DURHAM CAME!

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
One FBI lawyer pleads guilty to editing one email.

How many legal US residents was he trying to have jacked out of the country for a dictator?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Ya, one little e-mail. :monkey:

Just don't forget it's what started the whole Carter Page investigation and fraudulent FISA warrant issued for ALL that followed. Remember Carter Page's "importance" early on way back in 2016? He was basically portrayed as Russian Spy Mini-me.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and more will likely be falling in the weeks to come. One small fry down, how many more to go?

Durham is making sure all i's dotted and t's crossed before he unloads higher up's criminal charges. This is working from the bottom up, and from the early stages to the end points after election.

Get your popcorn and side of crow in the microwave ready.

Reactions: Subway

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Ya, one little e-mail. :monkey:

Just don't forget it's what started the whole Carter Page investigation and fraudulent FISA warrant issued for ALL that followed. Remember Carter Page's "importance" early on way back in 2016? He was basically portrayed as Russian Spy Mini-me.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and more will likely be falling in the weeks to come. One small fry down, how many more to go?

Durham is making sure all i's dotted and t's crossed before he unloads higher up's criminal charges. This is working from the bottom up, and from the early stages to the end points after election.

Get your popcorn and side of crow in the microwave ready.
The media trying to downplay this is laughable. The beginnings of an attempted coup.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I got in to radio range of LA today and this is the first thing that came on...

my kids asked, "who's Surfdog?"

fuhhh keeen Surfdog...

Reactions: Autoprax

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
this means I lost the bet, right?

I think I lost the bet.

I forget what the bet was....and now I'm afraid to go back and look.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Paragraph 2 of the Kevin Clinesmith Criminal Information reads:

On July 31, 2016, the FBI opened a Foreign Agents Registration Act (“FARA”) investigation known as Crossfire Hurricane into whether individual(s) associated with Donald J. Trump for President Campaign were witting of and/or coordinating with the Russian government. By August 16, 2016, the FBI had opened individual cases under the Crossfire Hurricane umbrella on four United States persons including a United States person referred to herein as “Individual 1.”
That paragraph is, at a minimum, deeply dishonest.

But I believe — and four experts I asked on the topic (which does not include Andrew Weissmann, who has since tweeted about this) agree — that it may be something worse. It appears to be evidence that John Durham doesn’t understand his own investigation.

The paragraph is dishonest because it suggests that the investigation into Carter Page arose exclusively out of the Crossfire Hurricane predication. That’s false.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
As the DOJ IG Report made clear, the NY Field Office opened an investigation into Page during the spring of 2016 upon discovering that, when he was identified in the indictment of one of the Russians trying to recruit him in 2013, he went to other Russians and apparently tried to reassure them that he had not told the FBI about their efforts (and when interviewed by the FBI, Page repeatedly said sharing non-public economic information with known Russian intelligence officers was a positive for him).

Carter Page was the subject of a legitimate counterintelligence investigation months before Crossfire Hurricane got opened, based off conduct that continued three years after CIA had ended approval for Page as an operational contact, based off conduct with multiple Russians — at least one a known intelligence officer — that Page did not share with the CIA. Carter Page was the subject of a counterintelligence investigation started irrespective of all ties Page had formerly had with the CIA that is the issue at the core of the Clinesmith Information.

By pretending that every investigation into Trump’s flunkies (including the ongoing Money Laundering investigation into Paul Manafort) got opened by Crossfire Hurricane, Durham creates a narrative that is every bit as dishonest as the worst stories about Crossfire Hurricane.

Durham is doing precisely what he is tasked with investigating others for.

But Durham’s mischaracterization of the investigation as a “FARA” investigation is far more troubling. Either he doesn’t know what he’s doing — replicating an error that DOJ IG had to fix in its Carter Page investigation — or he’s deliberately misrepresenting what was a counterintelligence investigation that, at the start, envisioned the possibility that Page was unwittingly being cultivated.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
As the DOJ IG Report made clear, the NY Field Office opened an investigation into Page during the spring of 2016 upon discovering that, when he was identified in the indictment of one of the Russians trying to recruit him in 2013, he went to other Russians and apparently tried to reassure them that he had not told the FBI about their efforts (and when interviewed by the FBI, Page repeatedly said sharing non-public economic information with known Russian intelligence officers was a positive for him).

Carter Page was the subject of a legitimate counterintelligence investigation months before Crossfire Hurricane got opened, based off conduct that continued three years after CIA had ended approval for Page as an operational contact, based off conduct with multiple Russians — at least one a known intelligence officer — that Page did not share with the CIA. Carter Page was the subject of a counterintelligence investigation started irrespective of all ties Page had formerly had with the CIA that is the issue at the core of the Clinesmith Information.

By pretending that every investigation into Trump’s flunkies (including the ongoing Money Laundering investigation into Paul Manafort) got opened by Crossfire Hurricane, Durham creates a narrative that is every bit as dishonest as the worst stories about Crossfire Hurricane.

Durham is doing precisely what he is tasked with investigating others for.

But Durham’s mischaracterization of the investigation as a “FARA” investigation is far more troubling. Either he doesn’t know what he’s doing — replicating an error that DOJ IG had to fix in its Carter Page investigation — or he’s deliberately misrepresenting what was a counterintelligence investigation that, at the start, envisioned the possibility that Page was unwittingly being cultivated.
If this was all so true, why'd did they have to manipulate/lie about intel to present it to the FISA courts?

If this was all so legit and slam dunk?

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If this was all so true, why'd did they have to manipulate/lie about intel to present it to the FISA courts?

If this was all so legit and slam dunk?
I don't know.

I'm trying to figure it out. Don't get defensive. I want to know what you think.

What do make the claim that Durham is treating a counter intelligence investigation as a FARA investigation?