*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Looks like changes coming to the food supply....part of "The Great Reset" agenda?

More my style...

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My area is very rural and also very old. We have little health care infrastructure. This has been the busiest summer probably ever. Beaches are packed. Town is packed. Lines at the gas pumps all day. Plates from every different state. Large groups travelling together.

We are now seeing community spread of Covid in this county. So surprising.

• Dislike
Reactions: HarryLopez

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
No.

Bohter is a niche poster.

I'm saying there's already a thread specifically for his very far outside the mainstream posts which have become more like spam/off topic in this thread.

The covid skepticism thread was not for his outlandish nonsense. You can be skeptical and also sane. That thread was for the type of thing you shared in your follow up. Skepticism of the "world is ending" math.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
it shows how selfish, stupid and fractured our species has become.
maybe this is will be nature's way of getting rid of us cause this won't be the last pandemic and there will be worse diseases to come.

It was so simple all we had/have to do was these four things:

1. Wear a mask when in the presence of others
2. Maintain separation from others and don't gather indoors
3. Constantly clean your hands or find a way to stop touching your face (face shields)
4. Stay home and more importantly isolated from others at the smallest signs of sickness (stay abreast of changing symptoms)

But we as a species couldn't do it
our human weakness/need for social interaction/acknowledgement proved greater than our will to survive more importantly to preserve our economy.
people think they can just magically will it away and make everything the like it was.

That's not going to happen
life as we knew isn't coming back
things will be different when this is all over

one thing that needs a serious re-examination will the current ease of global travel in the future
I can see the idea of quarantines after traveling to certain parts of the world being adopted in the developed world just like we adopted TSA screening at the airports. No more free virus transport on planes, trains and ships.

I think it is purposefully dense to act like "all we had to do is isolate from others"

All we need to do to stop homelessness is give everyone a house.
All we need to do to stop murder is everyone needs to love each other.

Eye roll

Solutions should be rooted in practicality. If your idea for how to solve a problem includes the thought "but if people would just..." then you need a new idea.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Here's a follow-up to the food story I posted above....
While I can see why most everyone would think this is a good thing....if there was really a pandemic going on involving a contagion...closing down the farms and meat facilities....combined with huge weather related crop destruction this year....well....are we looking at more empty shelves this winter?

And regarding the scam in general....here's one MD's take on the whole enchilada.....supported with verifiable evidence / data......

Anybody want to report in from Victoria AUS?
How's the lockdown for your and yours?
Isn't Retro down that way?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
My area is very rural and also very old. We have little health care infrastructure. This has been the busiest summer probably ever. Beaches are packed. Town is packed. Lines at the gas pumps all day. Plates from every different state. Large groups travelling together.

We are now seeing community spread of Covid in this county. So surprising.
It was bound to happen anyway.

You're still going to the beach so you're just as guilty.

Be happy people are contributing to your local economy.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I agree it was bound to happen. And not just due to tourists coming from out of state but a certain demographic of local not wearing masks, social distancing or taking it at all seriously.

Going to the beach 2 min. from my house by myself is not equivalent to driving hundreds or thousands of miles with large groups of people though.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Have all beach towns been overwhelmed by crowds of poorly behaving tourists/daytrippers nationwide during this mess?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Have all beach towns been overwhelmed by crowds of poorly behaving tourists/daytrippers nationwide during this mess?
Yes. Already max capacity breaks in socal are now overflowing. Parking is non existent and you'd be lucky for 4sqft of sand to pop an umbrella up. Meanwhile it's 100 degrees for the next week with rolling blackouts in LA and all of the inland empire and valley are heading this way daily. Going to be a sh!t show for the unforeseeable future.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Pretty much every beach town in So Cal is trying figure out how to accommodate a mass influx of out-of-town beach goers.

Probably the entire west coast is dealing with this, since it's hot inland all the way up to Washington. Hell, Medford, OR is supposed to be 103 today. Seattle 96. It does this most every summer in mid-late August, so no surprise beach towns are packed.

Reactions: CutnSnip

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Living an example of how you can't just touch shlt and go "hope that helps" in a giant complex system.

Zero percent effectiveness, "locking down" aka pick and choosing which businesses can operate and arbitrarily restricting travel.
Zero percent effectiveness, telling people to not wear...i mean wear any...i mean only wear this type...but if everyone would just do the responsible thing and wear a.

A shltty idea is not better than no idea. We're on month six of random shltty idea half @ss implementation, and it has done nothing but cause problems.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Just went swimming in front of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Waikiki. There were probably 300 surfers out from Queens to Canoes and everywhere in between. Everybody having a blast. Beautiful, sunny, tropical Hawaiian day with a little chest high swell. Equal gender crowd, aged from 2 to 80.