Pat Curren needs your help

Eimeo

OTF status
Oct 18, 2005
Encinitas
you can't live in a van in the Swamis parking lot, can you?
Apparently you can live in your van or car or whatever, at whatever beach lot you want to for as long as you want to. Swamis, Moonlight, all of these places have several homeless and van life people living in and around now. You don't need to spend millions now to own a beach front home, you can park your vehicle and live out of it ocean front.

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA

Peter1

Nep status
Jul 29, 2005
Ever considered your contribution might end their life?
Result in an assault or rape or robbery?

There's a corner about 1/4 mile from my house that's basically intoxicated homeless central. It's a bastion of alcoholism and drug addiction. I don't even want to go into the stories I see there on a daily basis, it's too depressing.

How anyone can be OK with the thought they could very well be contributing to that is :crazy2:.
Trust me, my giving a homeless guy a buck isn't going to end their life or turn them into a rapist.

And no, I'm not going down to a crack house and start passing out money to shoeless whores.

Sorry you live in a bad neighborhood. That sucks. We used to live on a street with 2 halfway houses for homeless people. At first I was angry that they were foisted on us -- my home resale value!! -- but my perception shifted a bit to empathy for just how hard it is to get out of that life.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I never wanted to chill with Tom Curren. That guy surfa Slater+, but he seems like a guy I don't want to kick it with. Especially if he's playing music.

Reactions: Driftcoast

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The homeless are like wild animals.

I get vigilant around wild animals.

Even domesticated dogs.

When I come into oceanside, I pass a bunch of them.

It's a bummer.

It's signal that we live in a shithole country.

That have trick where they ask you for money at the gas station while you are pumping gas.

You are a captive audience.

Last week a guy asked me for change and when I told him "no" he got pissed and menacing.

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Learned in college that when asked for money from homeless/panhandlers or whatever you call em, I'd ask them what I could buy them food-wise that would help. 1 or 2/10 would take the food request while the rest would get pissed or leave me alone. Not really sure why just an observation.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
The homeless are like wild animals.

I get vigilant around wild animals.

Even domesticated dogs.

When I come into oceanside, I pass a bunch of them.

It's a bummer.

It's signal that we live in a shithole country.

That have trick where they ask you for money at the gas station while you are pumping gas.

You are a captive audience.

Last week a guy asked me for change and when I told him "no" he got pissed and menacing.
They don't try to menace me.

You should be taller

• Haha