~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
:jamon:
This below,
is on Beach~ie Grit today:
"joecurren
@paul.surf We’re all having a difficult time understating why we weren’t contacted before this was launched.

paul.surf
@joecurren I don’t think you are, I fully understand, and have explained in my past correspondence with you that this was a gesture made on behalf of your father and Mary, who are my friends. I was given permission by them to create the campaign and to post the story. They have had a hand in every step of the process. It was not my place to contact you, as I do not know you. If either Pat or Mary wanted to contact you, I imagine they would have. 50k and counting we are excited for Pat and Mary to received some no-strings-attached help from all of the people in the community who support and care for them. "
~snip~

Enough said!
Donate if ya wanna help:
Friends of Pat Curren
:waving:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
paul.surf
@joecurren I don’t think you are, I fully understand, and have explained in my past correspondence with you that this was a gesture made on behalf of your father and Mary, who are my friends. I was given permission by them to create the campaign and to post the story. They have had a hand in every step of the process. It was not my place to contact you, as I do not know you. If either Pat or Mary wanted to contact you, I imagine they would have. 50k and counting we are excited for Pat and Mary to received some no-strings-attached help from all of the people in the community who support and care for them. "
~snip~
The response is the typical tactic of a narcissist and/or sociopath. They turn it around to make themselves look like the victim.

This is nothing more than a ruse to gain instagram followers. If he really wanted to help then he would get social services involved.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
My godmother, Carol Hodgson, I worked with her for years. She remembers Tommy. Made him sandwiches with her kids. Phil and Donny.

Carol used to tell me about making Sandwiches for Tommy, one of the little friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwarden30

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The response is the typical tactic of a narcissist and/or sociopath. They turn it around to make themselves look like the victim.

This is nothing more than a ruse to gain instagram followers. If he really wanted to help then he would get social services involved.
It's fascinating watching the pathetic psychological stuff going on here and how easily people are manipulated.

And it keeps getting more bizarre.

It's pretty clear there's two personas at play.

Hero Paul is the "good guy" who just wants to help. He does a really good job of subtly playing the victim. It's a tactic he uses to manipulate and he's clearly well-versed in it. This isn't his first rodeo. The voice of hero Paul is his typical superficial public persona.

The real Paul pokes his head out on occasion, only briefly. The instagram exchange posted on beachgrit today between Joe and the real Paul is telling. He then throws in a dash of good guy/victim Paul to reassure his supporters.

To those who believe this is all innocent goodwill - you would have to assume Paul is just some well-meaning fool who thought it was absolutely benign to throw this out there on social media with a $100,000 GoFundMe with zero mention or involvement of Tom/Joe.

There is a degree of empathy required to stimulate kind acts of this nature and empathetic people would have, in this specific situation, considered how this would play out publicly for other members of the family as well.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
It's fascinating watching the pathetic psychological stuff going on here and how easily people are manipulated.

And it keeps getting more bizarre.

It's pretty clear there's two personas at play.

Hero Paul is the "good guy" who just wants to help. He does a really good job of subtly playing the victim. It's a tactic he uses to manipulate and he's clearly well-versed in it. This isn't his first rodeo. The voice of hero Paul is his typical superficial public persona.

The real Paul pokes his head out on occasion, only briefly. The instagram exchange posted on beachgrit today between Joe and the real Paul is telling. He then throws in a dash of good guy/victim Paul to reassure his supporters.

To those who believe this is all innocent goodwill - you would have to assume Paul is just some well-meaning fool who thought it was absolutely benign to throw this out there on social media with a $100,000 GoFundMe with zero mention or involvement of Tom/Joe.

There is a degree of empathy required to stimulate kind acts of this nature and empathetic people would have, in this specific situation, considered how this would play out publicly for other members of the family as well.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Why doesn't the Paul guy just turn the go-fund-me account over to the family to administrate? Win win win win win
1) old guy gets saved
2) special needs girl gets a roof over her head
3) special needs girl also gets to keep hger disability check
4) one less homeless family taking up beach parking and pooing in the gutter.
5) Paul surfer guy doesn't look like a creep.

Reactions: Mr Doof

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Joe Curren, stay strong brother, I'll be thinking about you and your families health and well being!
I hope your dad can get some help with his situation and you all can be at peace. :shaka:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
@paul.surf is nothing more than an opportunist. fook him. Anyone with half a brain can see what he is doing.
Now that I've had a chance to read up on this I think you are spot on. Seems like a "Hey Look At Me" attempt to get noticed by way of public fundraising in the name of a famous figure. The whole cringy hipster retro board insta thing seals it.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"no strings attached" quip by Paul is some passive aggressive sh!t.

What is Paul implying? That Joe or the rest of the family have offered money with strings attached?
I noticed that too.

"no strings attached" and "theirs to spend as they please"

It started popping up after someone close to Tom's wife mentioned needing accountability to how the money was spent including stuff like receipts.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
100 Gs?

That seems like a lot.

I had a homeless women with a speech impediment corner me at the market on PCH and ask for money.

I could tell what she was saying.

I get saying WHAT? WHAT?

She got mad.

Finally, on the third try, I got it.

Can you give me 5 dollars for breakfast?

Me: "Five dollars! Are you out of your fucking mind? You just want me to give you five dollars to a stranger?"

I walked into the store all disgusted by her gall, her boldness, her lack of shame.

My GF always tells me I handle confrontations with the homeless poorly.:trout:

That person has nothing to loose. That can bias them to do crazy sh!t.

They are already doing crazy sh!t by living on the street.:monkey:

Reactions: nrthcty

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I noticed that too.

"no strings attached" and "theirs to spend as they please"

It started popping up after someone close to Tom's wife mentioned needing accountability to how the money was spent including stuff like receipts.
That is the tenant of the parasite.

If there are strings it's not parasitism.

I have loved the study of parasites.

If informs my understanding of human behavior so well.

The nervous system love to spare resources.

I like tom's wife.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008

Full gaslight

Reactions: dwarden30