Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
removed due to late night blathering on my part :foreheadslap:

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
the wsl selling out? did you just start paying attention?

would it still be an issue if it was made in Australia? Or Brazil?

i could see an issue if it was from China or Russia in todays climate but i dont see a problem with people using or promoting a sunscreen from Japan. :unsure:
Its from Japan? I don't give a sh!t where its from. Its tacky as hell for WSL to spam social media with something as stupid as this.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
decades ago before everyone and their mom decided to make their own sunscreen post the banana boat/hawaiian tropic era, shiseido was rated tops by dermatologists but it just so damn expensive being a female cosmetic product.

tried them all and nothing lasts a full 4-5 hour session other than good old lifeguard lipstick zinc oxide warpaint.
It just gives you the zits if you don't scrub it all off and it stains everything it touches.The colored ones were even better for freaking people out. kind of like that new colored wax crap

These days I go from the inside out with bioastin + a zinc oxide face stick for later when you feel it.
Back in the late 80s early 90s Bullfrog had a sunscreen for faces that was awesome. Came in a small bottle and went on clear. Never got in your eyes. Their new stuff is not the same.

Reactions: Mr Doof

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
you dipshit - plenty of dudes here that can pull younger chicks.:roflmao:you ain't special.
you misunderstood my statement. not a middle age dad bod, i look half a decade younger than my real age. 000 said I was the creepy old guy, so far from reality that you would actually :roflmao:
never said anything about the amount of young girls that express interest (many), when you've had it all your life it's nothing special. feel sorry for the ugly, poor genetics and upbringing can really set a man back in life ;)

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Creepy old guy is a feeling, a scent, a vibe... not so much the looks. Maybe both? Or so I've heard.

I've known a few guys who were creepy old guys in their 20's.:dancing:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Used to use both the lotion and the stick back in the 90s and early 00s. Worked well but was expensive. My friend was a Shiseido rep on Oahu and started tripping out when he started selling them to surf shops. Don't know if they still have it but I liked the 30 spf sports stick.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Back in the late 80s early 90s Bullfrog had a sunscreen for faces that was awesome. Came in a small bottle and went on clear. Never got in your eyes. Their new stuff is not the same.
Oh crap that bullfrog back in the day Always burned my eyes like no tomorrow! hated it!
OTOH, I knew quite a few guys that used this shisheido stuff, probably still do, since the early 2000's.
These days I am strictly Trader Joes mineral zinc stick, zink spray, and zinc lotion. Sticky and water proof as all heck
not to mention reasonably priced.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
zinc oxide is the active ingredient in baby butt paste, to soothe the skin and get rid of diaper rash. weird how that made you break out.

best sunscreen: zinc oxide powder, beeswax, coconut oil

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
So wrong on so many levels.
so the following would be less wrong?:

Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold
Shiseido
Jeep
Jose Cuervo
Red Bull
CLIF Bar
Havaianas
Hydro Flask

I'm having a hard time understanding even feigned outrage. Is there something I don't know about the Japanese Cosmetic giant? Their sunscreen is great, but pricey.

Reactions: CutnSnip

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
so the following would be less wrong?:

Michelob ULTRA Pure Gold
Shiseido
Jeep
Jose Cuervo
Red Bull
CLIF Bar
Havaianas
Hydro Flask

I'm having a hard time understanding even feigned outrage. Is there something I don't know about the Japanese Cosmetic giant? Their sunscreen is great, but pricey.
So far not a one of those other sponsors has been used as a spam ad on social media that I've seen at least. I've only seen those others as sponsors on event webcasts.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
So far not a one of those other sponsors has been used as a spam ad on social media that I've seen at least. I've only seen those others as sponsors on event webcasts.
Got it.
You don't like WSL buying ads on instagram.

I don't know what to tell you. I'd imagine they are trying to stay viable. Guess it doesn't bother me. At least you know that their algorithm seems to be delivering to the right place!

Reactions: CutnSnip

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
will there be stickers? juice boxes and orange slices post surf!?! does kanoa already have his? hope not. i want courtney to be first.

btw surf durt is the best. goes on smooth, stays long time, smells like chocolate. yum

Last edited: