Pat Curren needs your help

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I seem to recall from old mags that even 30 years ago Tom was estranged from his father for the most part.
I saw them lots in the mid 00s hanging out with their families on the beach at a spot in Ventura when it had a super good couple of winters. Tom would surf a few sessions and Pat and the wives/kids would chill on the beach.

hanger18

Nep status
Sep 16, 2003
Pacific Beach
I spoke with Joe Curren yesterday about the situation and there is a backstory. I'll just say the family has tried tirelessly for years to help Pat and his girlfriend.If you look at Paul Surfs Instagram post, youll see Toms wife respond with some details.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I spoke with Joe Curren yesterday about the situation and there is a backstory. I'll just say the family has tried tirelessly for years to help Pat and his girlfriend.
Thank you for the insight.

You can only try to help an adult so much. The rest is up to them.

If Tom and Joe can't help it's unlikely $100,000 can either. More than likely It will just make things worse.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Right before my parents died, my cousin went to visit them. (He was using them as a free place to stay in so cal.)

Anyway, he calls me up and scolds me, telling me my parents are a mess, all crazy and out of control.

I lost my sh!t.

I was Iike, "OH REALLY? THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! I BEEN DEALING WITH THAT CRAZY FOR THE LAST 45 YEARS, AND YOU ARE GOING TO CALL ME UP AND LECTURE ME BECAUSE THEY ARE RUINING YOUR VACATION? FVCK YOU!"

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Right before my parents died, my cousin went to visit them. (He was using them as a free place to stay in so cal.)

Anyway, he calls me up and scolds me, telling me my parents are a mess, all crazy and out of control.

I lost my sh!t.

I was Iike, "OH REALLY? THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! I BEEN DEALING WITH THAT CRAZY FOR THE LAST 45 YEARS, AND YOU ARE GOING TO CALL ME UP AND LECTURE ME BECAUSE THEY ARE RUINING YOUR VACATION? FVCK YOU!"

As the wise old saying goes, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Most dudes i know just wanna get laid,
+ thee kidz just happened, for ooops, your chick is prego, + now you getta be a daddy now, right?
Who knows what kinda chick Tom's Mommy was waaay back then,
obvie she made Pat C, her dude, miserable enough, to then need to split...
My opinion only, and as so, indeed, your opinion, may vary!
I know this will sound odd to some, but all of my children were planned with the understanding that my world would no longer be about me. Not everyone just knocks girls up. It is called being responsible.

It is clear to me that Pat Curren currently gives no fucks about his situation. Giving him money isn't going to help. I feel bad for his child. Don't feel bad him though since I assume it is the life he wanted.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
Good on ya, Muscles!!!

But PC,
well 'Thee Man' is what, almost 90?
Should he go + try to get a real life, 9 to 5 job, somehow, someway?
or just keep eekin' out his meager life~style, keepin' it simple,
spendin' time, thee most precious of allll comodities, with his current Family?
:jamon:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
i hear ya man!
i learned to surf in Venice,
esh, Surfer Mag once called me 'Venice Main~Man' waaay back in '84,
so i've seen more than a few crew from broken homes then go on to live a stable, bland life in their adult yearz,
good for them!

PC lives a different life~style,
so what?

Stocked, i just checked their #'s,
in the last 8 hours or so, thee amount raised has increased by 10G for Pat, Mary, + their child!
Pass the link onward, if it means somethin', anything to ya boyz+girlz!
Friends of Pat Curren
:waving:

vvvvv
Heya HarryLopez,
you be a school teacher by trade, rightz?
You + your brethren should teach 'Parentin' Skills' in High School, or at thee latest, @ College,
in my humble opinion...

Last edited:

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
:beer:
Hmmmm...
From what i recall, from my studies @ Venice High School in thee l8 70's,
they DO NOT teach teenagers how to be parents! Do they do so now~a~days?
Or did they, you school teachers who erBB, did you/your kind, do so, back in the '50's/'60's?
I doubt it...

So it'z always been,
it's allll up to you, you youngsters, ya boyz+girlz,
to figure/go figure, it out, how best to parent...

How many of you whom erBB grew up in a 'Leave It to Beaver' household?
Were not most of you born to parents who were drunk thee night you were conceived,
parents might have also smoked pot, did drugs, raised you, allll illegal to do back then/still now?
Or were you all just raised perfectly?
Hmmmm...

Most dudes i know just wanna get laid,
+ thee kidz just happened, for ooops, your chick is prego, + now you getta be a daddy now, right?
Who knows what kinda chick Tom's Mommy was waaay back then,
obvie she made Pat C, her dude, miserable enough, to then need to split...
My opinion only, and as so, indeed, your opinion, may vary!

PS ~ i 1st sorta met TC, his Mommy, sister too,
waaay back when WSA District 4, err {Los Angeles},
was called WSA District 3+4, ~ {Santa Barbara/Ventura+Los Angeles},
which ran by a black dude, a foundin' member of Thee BSA, dude with a name of David Lansdowne,
this before Jeanie Curren, {Pat's old chick + Tom's mommy}
broke away from L.A. + formed WSA District 3, {in 1980?},
prior to the PT/Ian Cairns + NSSA...

Pic below shows 1981 Venice loc'+US Boyz Champ Solo Scott walkin' next to David Lansdowne, blue fullsuit, far right.
Tom Curren had been a US Boyz Champ a few years earlier before Solo, + me, i still sometimes proudly proclaim whilst conversin' with newer surf crew that i got my 1st surf trophy by beatin' Tom Curren in a WSA District 3+4 comp up @ Santa Clara Rivermouth Oct. 79' when he had moved up into Juniors Division, hahaha...
View attachment 96013
Yeah, blame it on the chick! Weakest shet I've heard in a while, and we're in the middle of a fckn pandemic in a country full of selfish assholes!

If there is karma, all donated money would go to help the special needs kid while Pat spent eternity as a special needs kid with himself as his father.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
i'm kinda suprized that you married dudes, with + with~out kiddies,
are not talkin' sheee~it about Pat Curren fatherin' a child at this really l8 stage in his life!

i mean,
i remember kinda trippin' as i stood in thee check~out line @ my local Vons grocery store awhile back,
quickly scanned the covers of the gossip magz, read that oooold Rollin' Stoner Mick Jagger was havin' a kid, at age of 73!
Old dude still has some wood, semenz to shoot!
And young beee~itches want it, needz it, cravez it,
jizz fillin' up their puzzz~a's, yow~za!!!
Hahaha!

At least he still has enough $$ to support his newest kid,
even it it were to needz any special carin'...

Maybe he can even spend some time with it,
his 8th child, before he dies, someday...

Hey, to each their own, right?
:shaka:

Last edited:

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
I thought I knocked up my wahine when I was 20 and I remember thinking "fvck, time to strap on a tool belt and quit surfing all day." Long story short -- false alarm, wake up call for me, broke up with her right away (waited a courtesy week for the stress we had just been through).

And fvck it, I'll send Pat Curren twenty bucks just because I've been so entertained by his stories all these years. Maybe he'll drink it up but hell, if I saw him in a bar I'd catch the tab!

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
good story, jamesgang!

Heya boyz,
this is what i see, ok:
Pat Curren impregnated a fertile female, at an old age in his life.
She could have had an abortion. For it is her body, her choice,
the woman will always have the final say,
if you gonna be a daddy...

Is this what you would have wanted your chick to do?
Is this what you would have wanted done?

But really,
Who THEE F**K cares what thee F**K you would have wanted them to do,
for it was their choice...

Dude is almost 90,
i hope he spendz as much time as possible,
whilst still livin', every last day, hangin' out with his chick,
+ their daughter, b4 he too, dies...

Like you will too, some~day.
Comprende', kookz?
hahaha

Last edited: