Trump wants part of the procedes of a private business deal. Is this even legal?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Yup. If he just banned the app, like I said before, I'd be fine. But he isn't capable of just doing that. He has a need to make it about himself, and money.

But that's a really perverted way of looking at it. Kind of like saying Gang's are cool because the shoot other Gangs. Just ignore all the other carnage.

Side note, did you watch his interview on Adios? The man's thought process is truly scary. He has a complete inability to listen, and to process negative information. Fingers in ears and tongue waging. "Nah nah nah, I can't hear you"
Just banning the app is certainly one way to send a big FU to China. I'm thinking the path Trump is perhaps trying to take offers more nuance, we'll see how it shakes out.

I didn't watch the interview, I tend to not watch the vast majority of his interviews or press conferences or tweets and focus on the actual policy he is trying to implement. He's all over the map when he's on the mic and for me anyway, it doesn't offer much more than angst and political theater.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Just banning the app is certainly one way to send a big FU to China. I'm thinking the path Trump is perhaps trying to take offers more nuance, we'll see how it shakes out.

I didn't watch the interview, I tend to not watch the vast majority of his interviews or press conferences or tweets and focus on the actual policy he is trying to implement. He's all over the map when he's on the mic and for me anyway, it doesn't offer much more than angst and political theater.
One kid's app is a big FU to China? Like really? How about Ivanka give back her 20 or so Chinese Patents, and top making purses there?

The only way you could still carry water for d0nnie I'd to not watch his Axios interview.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Remember all these guys making absurd excuses for Trump are not supporters!

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Remember all these guys making absurd excuses for Trump are not supporters!
Sounds like my Nazi family right after the war. "Oh no, we didn't support Hitler. We had no idea what he was doing" oh really mom? So why do you have all those photos of guys in Nazi uniforms.

"We never actually supported tRump or hated colored folks, we just did it to make you angry"

Reactions: hal9000 and mundus

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I can see Xi Jinping now in his daily big-boys meeting...

"Trump is going to kill TikTok!!! He really means business now! Let's cancel the industrial espionage program immediately. Also, let's roll back the military base construction projects in the Spratlys, too..."

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Sounds like my Nazi family right after the war. "Oh no, we didn't support Hitler. We had no idea what he was doing" oh really mom? So why do you have all those photos of guys in Nazi uniforms.

"We never actually supported tRump or hated colored folks, we just did it to make you angry"
Imagine being so dumb that you think supporting Trump means you're racist

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
One kid's app is a big FU to China? Like really? How about Ivanka give back her 20 or so Chinese Patents, and top making purses there?

The only way you could still carry water for d0nnie I'd to not watch his Axios interview.
Tiktok is worth billions of dollars. Yes, having a government say it is banned is a big FU to China. I'm not saying that's the wrong thing to do. I am saying it is a big deal though.

The way you characterize this is interesting. I'm pointing out some of the mechanics during merger/acquisition events and the ill informed take on Trump's statements that "Chief White House Correspondent for The New York Times and MSNBC analyst" Peter Baker had on Twitter.

You're not arguing that the points I'm raising are incorrect, but say I'm carrying water for Trump. No mention of Peter Baker getting the details wrong. You seem to have a blind spot here.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Tiktok is worth billions of dollars. Yes, having a government say it is banned is a big FU to China. I'm not saying that's the wrong thing to do. I am saying it is a big deal though.

The way you characterize this is interesting. I'm pointing out some of the mechanics during merger/acquisition events and the ill informed take on Trump's statements that "Chief White House Correspondent for The New York Times and MSNBC analyst" Peter Baker had on Twitter.

You're not arguing that the points I'm raising are incorrect, but say I'm carrying water for Trump. No mention of Peter Baker getting the details wrong. You seem to have a blind spot here.
He’s touching himself. Faster and faster. Until

Whoops:dancing:

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Imagine being so dumb you are there every moment you possibly can to white knight for an impotent man child of a politician.
He cant actually be this dumb/amoral, just a spoiled manchild who cant admit he got conned,

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Scathing.

Any thoughts on the Janitor’s contribution?
I’m just here to enjoy watching the clowns who screeched that foreign entities have no effect on us in the digital world suddenly changing their tune BECUZ TRUMP SAYZ SO.

(Janitor is not one of those clowns by the way)

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

What r u talking about? Peter Baker on Twitter? What details?

"Trump wants the government to take a cut of the sale of Tik Tok because he says he created the value by threatening to ban it. “We think we deserve to have a big percentage of that price."

Trump created value by threatening to ban it?
1) ruining a company doesn't create value.
2) if I post a good yelp review, nobody owes me money
3) define a big percentage , and justify thes numbers.

I'm not blind to it, I think it's laughable

Last edited:

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
What r u talking about? Peter Baker on Twitter? What details?

"Trump wants the government to take a cut of the sale of Tik Tok because he says he created the value by threatening to ban it. “We think we deserve to have a big percentage of that price."

Trump created value by threatening to ban it?
1) ruining a company doesn't create value.
2) if I post a good yelp review, nobody owes me money
3) define a big percentage , and justify thes numbers.

I'm not blind to it, I think it's laughable
Peter Baker is the one who said "Trump wants the government to take a cut of the sale of Tik Tok because he says he created the value by threatening to ban it."

As you and I have both pointed out, that makes no sense. So the whole "he's manipulating the stock price" argument isn't legit either

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Peter Baker is the one who said "Trump wants the government to take a cut of the sale of Tik Tok because he says he created the value by threatening to ban it."

As you and I have both pointed out, that makes no sense. So the whole "he's manipulating the stock price" argument isn't legit either
Is Mueller coming?

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County

It doesn't make any sense, but the President of the United States said this nonsensical act is his intent. That combined with Bill Barr's patronizing justice system should frightening us all.

The rule of law is dead.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
It doesn't make any sense, but the President of the United States said this nonsensical act is his intent. That combined with Bill Barr's patronizing justice system should frightening us all.

The rule of law is dead.

I'm not seeing that. For better or worse Trump has been involved in a few high value transactions throughout his career and he probably understands how the government gets their piece during the process.

I'm thinking this is iteration 24,234 from his typical playbook:

1. Something happens
2. Trump notices that and inserts himself into the discussion
3. through an iterative process on Twitter, Trump explains (poorly) his policy idea while taking credit for being a genius
4. People that don't like Trump take his poorly explained policy, twist it in the worst way possible and run with it
5. Trump dominates the news cycle for X days
6. Something happens

This is like watching tmz register new handles, with the same arc over and over and over and over again, except people keep falling for it for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot