Trump “delay the election”?!?!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No matter how bad things get, some folks are just slow to learn.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes. ..

What do you tell a tRump lover who has 150,000 dead countrymen, 4 million infected countrymen 5 years of GDP growth wiped out wiped out in 5 months, soldiers beating spraypainters in the streets.

What do you tell a guy who supports the state of our country, just so he can upset liberals?
this.

my usual policy is to pretend grapedrink isn’t there but he constantly feels the need to comment on my posts.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
:ROFLMAO:

I chime in with a BUH TRUMP or TDS comment 1-2 times a week, on average, at best. While you start multiple THREADS and double digit anti-Trump posts daily for 5 years, and fully admit that you've been "freaking out".

Maybe you could find a better use of time that might also help you cope emotionally with the damage brought onto you by the badorangeman? Don't you have hobbies, a family, or maybe even a spiritual practice (organized or not) that you could devote more of your mental and emotional bandwidth towards?

Or is the Soros paid troll money that good?
This in a nutshell is why hal had to start a weight loss thread in the general forum. Go surf hal ya kook. There's been waves all weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
This week, as the economy revealed that the U.S. GDP cratered, President Donald Trump teased putting a hold on the November election. While it is unclear if the president was attempting to distract from the economy in freefall or his falling poll numbers.

Historian and expert on authoritarian regimes, Professor Timothy Snyder, authored of On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century, describing the key ways to spot authoritarianism.

“Do we have any reason to believe that Mr. Trump would accept the outcome of the election?” asked the Yale professor. “The tweet of July 30th was a very clear statement, but he has literally, dozens of times before said he wouldn’t. There is nothing in his career that indicates he actually likes democracy. In this particular tweet, we have a dangerous mixture, where he’s talking about a problem he created himself, insofar as we do have problems with voting in the U.S. They have to do with things like African-Americans not being enfranchised, they have to do with the things of foreign intervention. And even the problems he mentioned, which is postal voting, which is good and of itself, that might be slowed down because of his own postmaster general. So, he’s talking about problems he caused himself, then claiming they’re an emergency, and using that as a reason to claim power himself. That’s a manufactured emergency and that is, in fact, a prime historical fascist tactic.”

He went on to explain that a fascist is someone who will often manufacture a crisis, blame it on the other side, and then use the crisis to his own benefit. In Trump’s case, vote-by-mail has become the enemy as Republicans continue to defund the post office and Republicans in several states were caught in absentee-voter crimes.

Snyder said that Trump has already manufactured his crisis and is now trying to create the solution that would best protect him and his power.

“Another element of this, which is worth paying attention to, is the way the tweet ends,” he continued. “People can console themselves by saying Mr. Trump can’t himself cancel the election. That’s true, but what he is doing, as of July 30th, is calling upon others to create a mess, so that the election won’t go through smoothly. That’s what the three question marks at the end mean. He can’t do it himself.”

As of the time Trump sent that tweet, Snyder said that anyone who continues to support Trump knows they are doing so in defiance of democratic values of America.

“As of July 30th, if you support Mr. Trump, if you’re planning on voting for Mr. Trump, if you contribute to the campaign, if you’re a delegate, you know perfectly well, this is a man who doesn’t believe he can win by the normal vote count,” said Snyder. “You know you are taking part now in a campaign which is no longer a democratic campaign, but which is something else. You know that his main task for you now is not to win an election. He’s basically conceded defeat already. His main task for you now is to find someone who can mess up the election so we can cling to power. I think that’s a big moral question where a lot of Americans should be thinking about the choices they’re about to make.”

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
So.....voting isnt safe but opening schools totally safe?
*voting by mail isn't safe

Also let's get past the bumper sticker and put a couple things together. Old people vote, and old people are at risk for Corona. Children do not vote, and they are not at risk for the rona

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
It's true, the post office is fucked because Trump replaced the PG, who is making changes ahead of the election, purposely slowing down the mail and causing problems.

Say what you want about the USPS being in debt, whatever. Trump fucked up the way USPS works by posting up the new PG. This is 100% on Trump.

Meet the new swamp, worse than the old swamp.

Voting by mail is probably less safe now, yes, thanks to Trump, who did it on purpose. Vote by mail early, give it a week to arrive, or drop your ballot at a polling station.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This week, as the economy revealed that the U.S. GDP cratered, President Donald Trump teased putting a hold on the November election. While it is unclear if the president was attempting to distract from the economy in freefall or his falling poll numbers.

Historian and expert on authoritarian regimes, Professor Timothy Snyder, authored of On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century, describing the key ways to spot authoritarianism.

“Do we have any reason to believe that Mr. Trump would accept the outcome of the election?” asked the Yale professor. “The tweet of July 30th was a very clear statement, but he has literally, dozens of times before said he wouldn’t. There is nothing in his career that indicates he actually likes democracy. In this particular tweet, we have a dangerous mixture, where he’s talking about a problem he created himself, insofar as we do have problems with voting in the U.S. They have to do with things like African-Americans not being enfranchised, they have to do with the things of foreign intervention. And even the problems he mentioned, which is postal voting, which is good and of itself, that might be slowed down because of his own postmaster general. So, he’s talking about problems he caused himself, then claiming they’re an emergency, and using that as a reason to claim power himself. That’s a manufactured emergency and that is, in fact, a prime historical fascist tactic.”

He went on to explain that a fascist is someone who will often manufacture a crisis, blame it on the other side, and then use the crisis to his own benefit. In Trump’s case, vote-by-mail has become the enemy as Republicans continue to defund the post office and Republicans in several states were caught in absentee-voter crimes.

Snyder said that Trump has already manufactured his crisis and is now trying to create the solution that would best protect him and his power.

“Another element of this, which is worth paying attention to, is the way the tweet ends,” he continued. “People can console themselves by saying Mr. Trump can’t himself cancel the election. That’s true, but what he is doing, as of July 30th, is calling upon others to create a mess, so that the election won’t go through smoothly. That’s what the three question marks at the end mean. He can’t do it himself.”

As of the time Trump sent that tweet, Snyder said that anyone who continues to support Trump knows they are doing so in defiance of democratic values of America.

“As of July 30th, if you support Mr. Trump, if you’re planning on voting for Mr. Trump, if you contribute to the campaign, if you’re a delegate, you know perfectly well, this is a man who doesn’t believe he can win by the normal vote count,” said Snyder. “You know you are taking part now in a campaign which is no longer a democratic campaign, but which is something else. You know that his main task for you now is not to win an election. He’s basically conceded defeat already. His main task for you now is to find someone who can mess up the election so we can cling to power. I think that’s a big moral question where a lot of Americans should be thinking about the choices they’re about to make.”

Remember when Republicans thought that Obama was going to delay the election?

Remember when Democrats thought Bush Jr was going to delay the election?

This is another freak-out feature

Move along

PS- the answer is in the first paragraph, last sentence

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's true, the post office is fucked because Trump replaced the PG, who is making changes ahead of the election, purposely slowing down the mail and causing problems.

Say what you want about the USPS being in debt, whatever. Trump fucked up the way USPS works by posting up the new PG. This is 100% on Trump.

Meet the new swamp, worse than the old swamp.
It was unsafe far before that. Think multiple ballots. I got duplicates for both me and my wife before the CA primary, and of course I sent them all in

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Absentee or mail-in?
Mail-in

That being said, I'm still a fan of mail-in voting simply because it makes it easier for more people to vote. It just has some inherent problems that I'm sure can get ironed out in this technological day and age

At the end of the day, even duplicate ballots end up going to 0.5% or 1% of people it probably won't sway anything due to the scales of voting

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Mail-in

At the end of the day, even duplicate ballots end up going to 0.5% or 1% of people it probably won't sway anything due to the scales of voting
well except all the fraud is always done by the lying stealing cheating motherfucking other team, irregardless of which team you’re on

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
well except all the fraud is always done by the lying stealing cheating motherfucking other team, irregardless of which team you’re on
Ilk vs. ilk.

Don’t follow leaders
Watch the parkin’ meters

Wise words from an old jew.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Fcuk man, I just went to the post office cuz I mailed a couple of records out media mail on July 11. Both records went to PA, one to Pittsburgh and another to a suburb of Pittsburgh. The one to Pittsburgh hasn't arrived yet. The mail is fucked. Thanks Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That's because you are a pervert.
High male horniness is not a bug it's a feature.

I wrote this song in my early 50s but it's only become more truther with time. I was at my niece; weeding and there were all these 30 year old and I thought of the song and I just started to try to record it again. After two failures. I'm really pleased with myself writing these lyrics.

Fountain of Lust

The fountain of youth is a fountain of lust.
A kid dives dives in he could drown like a fool
All you silly young fools,
Listen:
There's no fool like an old old fool
We watch as he plays the clown
We laugh as he falls down.

I've fallen down
I've fallen down
Into a fountain of lust
It's just a fountain of lust.

The fountain of lust is full of pretty girls.
A kid dives dives in those girls could make him a fool
All you silly young fools,
Listen:

True love is no where to be found

See the world
Turning away
Pretty girls
Got nothing to say
To you

The end makes it's own kind of sound

I've fallen down
I've fallen down
It's just a fountain of lust.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Remember when Republicans thought that Obama was going to delay the election?

Remember when Democrats thought Bush Jr was going to delay the election?

This is another freak-out feature

Move along

PS- the answer is in the first paragraph, last sentence
Neither of them suggested delaying the election or have such extreme authoritarian tendencies.