Trump “delay the election”?!?!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Here we go:

and people wonder why ive been freaking out for the last 5 years.

we had ample warning.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
The screeching was that he was a madman who was going to destroy humanity. He wasn't, and he hasn't.

But some people on the left most definitely did try to overthrow the results of the election. Up to and including committing political violence in the streets to accomplish by terror that which they couldn't accomplish in the election.

With that said, if enough people think this is an impeachable offense then by all means, let's do it again.
you're fkn hysterical, nancy

jesus christ

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The screeching was that he was a madman who was going to destroy humanity. He wasn't, and he hasn't.

But some people on the left most definitely did try to overthrow the results of the election. Up to and including committing political violence in the streets to accomplish by terror that which they couldn't accomplish in the election.

With that said, if enough people think this is an impeachable offense then by all means, let's do it again.
Gone full-retard

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If tweeting something stupid were truly impeachable, President Trump would be the James to the Giant Peach it'd be so Peachy and Minty.

That said, even if the tweet is a wholesale distraction from the economic numbers, it should be considered horseshit. And if it's part of this "normalize rejection the results because we might lose" ploy, that's extra-mega-horseshit.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
did I miss a joke somewhere along the way or are you being serious?
I am assuming this is the tweet that Calabresi took issue with and that Hal originally posted

If so, I'd like to invite Mr. Calabresi to

This has to be close to the 10,000th time Trump has tweeted some inflammatory douchebag brain fart which a decent chunk of the press on political class then spend the next 1-5 days dissecting and obsessing over, thus allowing him to dominate the news cycle again. It's a tweet asking a question.

Are we just not engaging in critical thinking anymore?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I am assuming this is the tweet that Calabresi took issue with and that Hal originally posted

If so, I'd like to invite Mr. Calabresi to

This has to be close to the 10,000th time Trump has tweeted some inflammatory douchebag brain fart which a decent chunk of the press on political class then spend the next 1-5 days dissecting and obsessing over, thus allowing him to dominate the news cycle again. It's a tweet asking a question.

Are we just not engaging in critical thinking anymore?
that's "raising an issue" ....or "asking a question" in your book?

holy fook no, dog.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
that's "raising an issue" ....or "asking a question" in your book?

holy fook no, dog.
it's twitter, has he taken any actual steps towards implementing this?

I agree it is inflammatory. I am opposed to delaying the election. But impeachment has a very high bar to get over for a reason. This is laughable.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He has actually done a couple things literally via twitter that staff have then had to get going on.

I am not sure the tweet is impeachable. If he takes any formal action against a state Secretary of State (or whoever a given state's head election-er in charge is) that's Articles of Impeachment-worthy, again.

This is some pretty hard/fast punctuation = plausible deniability. I see people asking if it's okay to do something they're already past the point of no return doing and trying to pretend they were just asking so much it's a gddmn meme.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
impeachable?
probably not
defendable / supportable/ electable?
it really is mind boggling that people want this trolling douchebag as our president
what the fvck is wrong with America?

Reactions: mundus

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
It seems most are overlooking why Trump posed the ??? in the first place.

Word is spreading how the recent NY primaries (over a month ago, June 23) that allowed large quantities of basic "mail-in" votes (not all absentee) has turned into a nightmare. Where they STILL don't have a valid winner achieved in 2 precincts, and looking at throwing out possibly 25% of the mail-in votes due to inability to validate.

Can you imagine a national vote with the same problems?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07/29/new-york-primary-absentee-ballot-results/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ny-mail-in-voting-deluge-fuels-uncounted-ballots-confusion/2534878/

Reactions: Chocki

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Overlooking that is easy
maybe he could’ve backed up his tweet with some substantiated issue like you do
he doesn’t help himself

Man, I can’t wait until he’s just a blowhard on tv again

Reactions: hal9000

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Overlooking that is easy
maybe he could’ve backed up his tweet with some substantiated issue like you do
he doesn’t help himself

Man, I can’t wait until he’s just a blowhard on tv again
For better or worse, Trumps not a "details" kind of guy.
He knows todays attention spans, unless it's drama-filled.

Most now get bored reading more than 1 short sentence at a time.
ESPECIALLY tweet followers. (we see that here a lot)

It's the twitization of most addicted social media followers.
Everyone wants edited sound bits, not even bytes anymore.