Nicaragua travel update

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
I saw this posted about the new rules for flying to/from Nicaragua. Supposedly, flights are still scheduled to open in August.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
I saw this posted about the new rules for flying to/from Nicaragua. Supposedly, flights are still scheduled to open in August.

Yeah - seems like something new has been posted on a daily basis. I read the other day that all passengers had to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of departure. From what i hear on the news - depending on the area tests results are taking a week or more.

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
Yeah - seems like something new has been posted on a daily basis. I read the other day that all passengers had to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of departure. From what i hear on the news - depending on the area tests results are taking a week or more.
Ha! Yeah, I wondered about that. My work just told me their test results are taking 10-14 days; I couldn't see how I would fit in the 72 hour window with that turn around. Maybe the timing will drop if CA gets the surge down again. What a pain in the a**.

Dekerwild

OTF status
Jul 28, 2017
Still planning to fly out of Jax 8/31-9/8....3rd reschedule so far...i Wonder how many and what kind of hoops I’m going to need to go through just to make the flight and not know for sure what will happen when I’ve arrived....time will tell, flights start Aug.5th so hopefully they’ll have it worked out in 3 weeks...

scdad

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 20, 2003
San Clemente, CA
Still planning to fly out of Jax 8/31-9/8....3rd reschedule so far...i Wonder how many and what kind of hoops I’m going to need to go through just to make the flight and not know for sure what will happen when I’ve arrived....time will tell, flights start Aug.5th so hopefully they’ll have it worked out in 3 weeks...
Hopefully it works out. I'm just waiting and seeing, and will be watching the first wave of travelers to work out the kinks. Hopefully I can go before end of season, otherwise I will try to push the deposits into next year ... we will see.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Was checking some of the local FB Groups today ... looks like commercial flights are being pushed out but there is a lot of confusion - seems like the airlines and Nicaraguan government are not on the same page. A month ago the flights were suppose to resume at the beginning of August but it looks like (this is not confirmed) flights may not begin til Sept. The only information that appears to be solid is the requirement for proof of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of departure.

On another note - decided to hike alone into a favorite spot this morning (access road is closed) - 40 minute hike that starts out with spectacular views and drops into a rain forest - eventually ending up on the beach. When i made it to the beach - was greeted with a double rainbow and a perfect head high A-frame. One of the best sessions of the year - hope you guys are able to make it down here.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Was checking some of the local FB Groups today ... looks like commercial flights are being pushed out but there is a lot of confusion - seems like the airlines and Nicaraguan government are not on the same page. A month ago the flights were suppose to resume at the beginning of August but it looks like (this is not confirmed) flights may not begin til Sept. The only information that appears to be solid is the requirement for proof of a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of departure.

On another note - decided to hike alone into a favorite spot this morning (access road is closed) - 40 minute hike that starts out with spectacular views and drops into a rain forest - eventually ending up on the beach. When i made it to the beach - was greeted with a double rainbow and a perfect head high A-frame. One of the best sessions of the year - hope you guys are able to make it down here.
epic visual; thanks

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
epic visual; thanks
sorry no pics .... sh!t is getting real here - people getting more desperate and brazen - been a string of home/business robberies. Over the weekend - a girl had a machete put to her neck while lying on the beach at Playa Yankee - her boyfriend was in the water surfing. No injuries but had some of their stuff stolen. So when trekking to this spot (same general area as Playa Yankee) - i took only what i needed to surf and a bottle of water. I even wore an old pair of tennis shoes - so my flip flops wouldn't get stolen. Unfortunately, 10 minutes into the hike the soles on both shoes fell off - so it felt like walking on ice skates trying to negotiate the mud. The spot i went to is the same spot as my avatar .... my 6'4" Barry Snyder R2 twinzer - absolutely killed it.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
sorry no pics .... sh!t is getting real here - people getting more desperate and brazen - been a string of home/business robberies. Over the weekend - a girl had a machete put to her neck while lying on the beach at Playa Yankee - her boyfriend was in the water surfing. No injuries but had some of their stuff stolen. So when trekking to this spot (same general area as Playa Yankee) - i took only what i needed to surf and a bottle of water. I even wore an old pair of tennis shoes - so my flip flops wouldn't get stolen. Unfortunately, 10 minutes into the hike the soles on both shoes fell off - so it felt like walking on ice skates trying to negotiate the mud. The spot i went to is the same spot as my avatar .... my 6'4" Barry Snyder R2 twinzer - absolutely killed it.
Early 90z walking to cocles needed sandals but would get ripped off regardless how good you hide every time someone was watching. I would buy cheap local pairs and no one wanted them.

Reactions: flyinraptr

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
i have a 3rd world shoe story......i'm taking the bus and this gringo stood out but
good so they were all staring at me....but it wasn't me that captivated them.....it
was my sneaks.

:oops:

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Why would anyone travel to such a place. It's all sheet metal and garbage down there.
Yep. Covid. Aids. Murder. Disease. bad beer. mushy waves. wild dogs trained to hunt foreigners. random goats dryhumping people to death. MUCH colder than you'd imagine. I'm not eve wondering why anyone woudl go...Im heavily recomending against it.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
Yep. Covid. Aids. Murder. Disease. bad beer. mushy waves. wild dogs trained to hunt foreigners. random goats dryhumping people to death. MUCH colder than you'd imagine. I'm not eve wondering why anyone woudl go...Im heavily recomending against it.
and don't forget - no Mexican food!!! Go to Nicaragua and you will die .... and while i'm at it ... GTFO My Lawn!!!