What Boards You Got On Order?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Got a text my board was ready so I left work a few minutes early and headed to the Tokoro factory. And got a nice surprise.
F01E53C1-E30C-4AD1-ADFC-6C2A02284655.jpeg586069DA-E8CB-4AD8-8555-6D33AB4E33C3.jpeg

Wade made me a board like this at the beginning of the year except in a squash tail. So he used the same file but put in a thumb tail instead. Too get the round tail he had to thin it a little in the tail area plus loss of surface area dropped the volume a tad. 5’10 x 20 x 2 3/4. 33.6 L. Core blank. Glassed 4 oz bottom 4 oz s-cloth deck with a front foot and tail patch. Asked Jeannie to paint my board a dip but the color change line didn’t have to be straight. I think there’s a bump coming this weekend.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Here’s the surprise.
1718B669-636E-45CD-9D26-EBD68F78BAEE.jpeg344B2CD5-CB54-4469-91E0-1936A7FBD35E.jpeg

Wade made me his version of a high performance twin. Its gift for doing work on his and Kerry’s new factory. Wade was telling me he is super excited about how this model has been working and wanted to make me one. He made a batch of small wave boards for Kelly based off of the Tokoro 4. Then he dropped this outline on Kelly’s file. Said he’s been riding it as a thruster or twin or twin plus trailer and been loving it. Wade doesn’t get that excited over boards but he said he even told his wife, who doesn’t surf, he’s really happy about this model. I love getting new boards especially ones I didn’t know were coming.

The board is 5’9 x 20 1/4 x 2 3/4. 33.6 L. Glassed single 4oz bottom and single 4oz s-cloth on the deck with front and rear foot patches. Not sure the blank on this one either Bennett or Core. PU/PE. We talked about fins and he said the lead fins are about 9 in. Up from tail and suggested either the FCS Power Twins or the AMT with trailer or just ride my H4’s. This board looks and feels like fun.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
love the second board!! Interesting deck patches, is that common in HI? Never seen that focused patching over here.
The deck patches are the way Wade likes to reinforce really light glassing. I usually ask for Kevlar or carbon on the heel and toe edges of the tail but Wade had the glasser add drywall tape. He said it adds some strength in those areas at low cost. You can see it on the green board and up close on the twin. Wade rides pro style glassing himself and is always looking to add some durability without sacrificing performance.

Reactions: oeste858

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
That Tokoro is sick! Have had my SF3 in epoxy for 5 years and it still looks great. Trying to sell it and crickets; maybe keep it.

I'm flipping my quiver clear out into:

5'7" Flare epoxy in stock dimensions and 6'8" Long Division Quantum epoxy (on narrow, thin side and made for a certain wave in Mexico)

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Rode the Tokoro HP Twin the last 3 days. First day I started paddling it out and I could tell it’s a performance board. Narrower nose than my performance stubbies and more rocker. The waves were crappy, running but no push. I couldn’t find the gas pedal and had a hard time getting around sections. The one good corner I got my friend Dean was right there. I was running the Power Twins and the board felt loose but no drive. Everyone was saying the waves were soft.

Got home and looked for the little trailer I thought came with my set of AMT’s. Couldn’t find it but found a plastic MR trailer. Carefully put in some screws in the FCS 2 rear box so I could run that little fin.

Second session waves were a little smaller but lining up much better. Got a little warm up wave and could feel more drive. Then got a runner that broke in front of me so I hit it but came down sideways and fell. Finally got a lined up runner and pumped thru the fast sections and kinda babied the turn. Everybody was watching and I didn’t want to fall. Board came around and I did two more little snaps. Made a couple of other waves and got some turns in but can’t wait to ride it in head high skatepark waves.

Got a text from Wade asking how the boards went. I found the rewind clip of my best wave and sent it to him. He said looked like I found the gas pedal on that one. Told him the little training wheel trailer helped. But I do want to ride it as a twin in better waves.

Third day, today. Waves were very small. Board is not really a groveller. This was more a longboard type day.

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I went a little thinner at 2.5
got one at 6'2" x 19 x 2 9/16 @ 30.65L FCS2 tri-quad. Looks like a wave catching machine, have yet to ride it. Much thicker in the rail than my Ghost at the same measure, good thing I got it for a barrel board. Looks like it could be a good HP design also, would go a bit thinner in that case.

Reactions: noise

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Coming (hopefully) soon:

(Made good spring cleanout of my quiver and did astonishingly and stokeingly well resale on Craigslist!)

...Lost:
Rocket Redux 6'2 - XTR SL-CK YELLOW #8
Crowd Killer Round 7'0 - C4
Retro Ripper 6'6 - XTR Stringered
Album:
Townsend Asym twin 7' Poly/epoxy

Should be a good Fall no matter what!

Andreini Vaquero (w sidebites) is recent and saved my July as I would have scarcely paddled out without it and now cant get off it! The low tail rocker makes its zoom!