As forced closures put people out of business and cripple the economy...

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
There is no god whether it be The State or a sky wizard.

BTW, people who don’t believe in god don’t replace it with The State (well some do), The State forcibly replaces their god with itself.
Unless you know 100% of all knowledge to be known, how do you know there is no God outside the bounds of your knowledge?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
They still have billy clubs.
Impact weapons are intended to break bones. The primary targets are the hard points like shoulders, elbows, and knees. You know, the parts that when broken will alter a person's life.

It's a much higher step in the use of force continuum than tear gas and flash-bangs. There's no comparison between the impact a 36" riot baton can bring to bear vs the 21" collapsables that the patrol cops wear on their belts.

Last edited:
Reactions: redrider

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Isn’t there something about how the existence of “god” came to be when humans first became aware of their inner voice and thought it was some greater power talking to them?

And why don’t we still have all the gods that the greeks And romans had? The stories of all the drama and scandal between all the gods was way more fun.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I had a really religious guy tell me I believed in god but I just didn't realize it.

To which I countered, he didn't really believe but he just didn't know it.

GOTCHA!

I think the error is the literal interpretation of the mythology.

Reactions: hal9000

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Its just a simple question ever person needs to ask for themselves. Your anger at being asked the question tells me you have not come to grips with the question.
If you read anger into my reply, then you are looking for drama where there is none. This is the problem with discourse today: so many people think one can't argue dispassionately. You appear to be in that camp. You start name-calling so easily. Only an angry, defensive, person resorts that kind of ad hominem attack when having a conversation. It's always escalation with you.

Also, no one needs to ask that question for themselves. Some ask it, some don't. Some ask it and believe in god (weak-minded people, IMO), and others take a more rational path.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You start name-calling so easily. Only an angry, defensive, person resorts that kind of ad hominem attack when having a conversation. It's always escalation with you.
Escalation or response?