Cleaning handprints off board ?

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
I have a new white board i want to sell And the bottom has dirty handprints on the rails.I tried using the pickle and some alcohol and didnt do much. Should i try some mineral spirits or some super fine sand paper? Was thinking maybe a mr clean eraser which is like a foam abrasive could also work.

waxurDyl

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 22, 2010
SoBay
I have a new white board i want to sell And the bottom has dirty handprints on the rails.I tried using the pickle and some alcohol and didnt do much. Should i try some mineral spirits or some super fine sand paper? Was thinking maybe a mr clean eraser which is like a foam abrasive could also work.
Scotch-Brite pads are a surf shop’s favorite secret

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Alcohol

If that doesn't work, mineral spirits for a few minutes, rub with paper towel, remove mineral spirits with alcohol.

For stuff like rust stains (which can be really hard to remove from a board), dampen with water, cover with a little baking soda, let sit a few minutes, then scrub with the baking soda using a paper towel. Super effective.

Reactions: sushipop

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Whenever I clean up my boards for sale, I scrape (sometimes a flat razor can work miracles), then use naptha, then acetone to get rid of the naptha residue , then 409 for the acetone.finally seal and buff the surface with some marine nano or the new ceramic car polish/wax to keep it slick and clean
You need to fill up the surface pores which gather the stains

If it's really bad, i just buff it out with some surfboard polish and my milwaukee

Some guys rub out using styrene/xylene with a carbon mask & gloves