The Corona Cuisine Thread

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The toasted bread with tomatoes and other garden fixin's, has me making more bread today.

A 7 grain recipe with some anise and caraway seeds to make Sweetie-pie's Swedish/Norwegian DNA fall more in love with me.
I accidentally let the loaves overproof, and just baked the partially collapsed lumps anyway.

So, some dense bread fit for French toast for the next week.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Basque Country saying : "to know how to eat , is to know enough " I dig this thread , learn new tricks in the kitchen

View attachment 94466

A dream of mine is to have one of those Jamon legs hanging from the ceiling on my nightstand so I can just roll over and shave off a semi-translucent ultra thin slice as a midnight snack every night. For a while Costco was selling them, I regret not pulling the trigger.

Also those pieces of bread with sardine or smelt and egg look epic. I'd get so fvcking fat if I was a regular at a bar with a spread like that. And would love every second of it. I spent a month in Spain around y2K and regretfully never made it to Basque Country. I've since met several friends from Basque Country here in the states and from all I've learned from them really want to go.

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
thats not one of those tapas free food bar thigns is it?!
lol , you’ve been obviously , they have saw dust on the ground behind the bar , bar keep watches every tapa Pintxo you eat , he makes a mark in the sawdust , you say you want to pay , had 3 and and couple vinos he looks at the ground , your good , I like this system builds trust at an early age , we could learn from that in North America

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
A dream of mine is to have one of those Jamon legs hanging from the ceiling on my nightstand so I can just roll over and shave off a semi-translucent ultra thin slice as a midnight snack every night. For a while Costco was selling them, I regret not pulling the trigger.

Also those pieces of bread with sardine or smelt and egg look epic. I'd get so fvcking fat if I was a regular at a bar with a spread like that. And would love every second of it. I spent a month in Spain around y2K and regretfully never made it to Basque Country. I've since met several friends from Basque Country here in the states and from all I've learned from them really want to go.
costco i bought one when I was in Oahu , was solid no bs , system worked jamón was good , pata negra is another world , just fed chestnuts even my wop buddies say ridiculous blows all Parma away , it’s interesting you say on we’d blow up there eating , the ingredients are so clean it doesn’t happen , our bodies aren’t use to that , at my cousins restaurant in San Sebastián I’ves en seen the fish come in , squid is still changing colors , sardines anchovies like their out of the boat , still blows my mind

Reactions: the janitor

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
From another message board. Looks fvcking amazing. Making these Monday night.

I use a cast iron pan get that sh!t really hot.

Take your 80/20 and make 1/4 or 1/3 lbs balls.

Salt & Pepper the the top of the ball. Place seasoned side ball down on pan.

DONT SMASH. Let cook for 1:30-2:00.

While that is cooking salt and pepper the now top side of the ball.

After 1:30-2:00 take a spatula or tongs and flip the ball.

Maybe 20 second after flipping the ball you smash that sh!t with a meatpress or plate to desired thinness. The thinner the crispier the edges!

Allow to cook another 1:30.

Flip one more time. Cook for 1:00 (at this point I put on the cheese. I use a lid and a little water to make it real melty, but thats me.

Put that burger on a buttered toasted bun. Topped with a little shredded lettuce, a few diced onions, mayo, and a dill pickle on the side.

Totally killer every time.

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
Summertime grill. We loaded up on bunch of farm stand veggies driving back from our daughters softball tournament in the valley( first place in the consolation bracket battling much bigger cities and programs, yeeewww!). Our coastal garden is always a month behind the inland heat. Chokes and zukes marinated in a backyard chimichurri sauce. Cooked down the tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, and thyme in olive oil. Left over oil made a great vinaigrette for some backyard greens on the side. Next time I'm using cherry tomatoes for some quicker cooking and carmelization. Ours are still green in the greenhouse.spatch.jpg