XTR

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That's what I figured. Almost every regular out there is riding a board with a patched nose at a minimum. Sucked when I peeled the nose back on my flare during my 3rd session ever riding it. Silver lining is it just gives me an excuse to order a new board sooner rather than later.
I think talking to the guys at XTR isn't a bad idea. Otherwise a Coil in Hawaii lam is probably about as durable as a surfboard can get.

Reactions: MathDebater and JDJ

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I have a Stamps flare that I love but BSR is beating it to hell, especially now that the liner is gone and the bottom is cement. How does XTR hold up to getting bashed against reef/rocks? I figure that's the closest thing to what happens on the end sections at BSR when the board goes over the falls and gets slammed into the bottom.
XTR is perfect for that I had a board with unrepaired dings all over, even the leash went about and inch through the tail and I rode it for over a year like that. I think the worst that happens is the water can get beneath the glass a bit but the foam absorbs no water and is tough.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
There’s some old video of Javier riding the finished xtr blank before it was glassed

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ordered my Lightbender exactly 5 weeks ago today.:D

I got some color on mine and I know a lot depends on the shaper who's finishing it but still, should be soon.

Reactions: ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Yeah, I got some color as well. Light grey (hopefully not too purple like many epoxy boards done in grey) with black rails.

Reactions: Aruka

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Just received a call from Shea that my XTR Hydroshort is done and ready for pickup. Stocked! It took exactly 5 weeks to complete.
Oh and if you follow XTRSURFBOARDS on Instagram they just posted my board to their story.
Great looking board! I love the look of the hydrosquash.

I really like the look of the new Revo as well. First time I've had a good look at it.

http://instagr.am/p/CCKO1SeHndf/

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
Anybody have any experience with XTR for step ups/semi guns? I have a ghost in parallel carbon that I like, but looking to replace my 6’10 with a Rusty Blackbird. Thinking about getting stringered XTR 8.0 for the durability.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a 6'1 ghost in 8.c that feels good in good to solid waves. Lifelong keeper.
I had a 6'6 ghost in 8.0 that felt stiff but good in solid waves, sold it because I got a F-rocket that I feel more confident on.

Every board is breakable but I would find it hard to believe that you could break a 8.0 wood stringered board.

Reactions: Lohena and JDJ

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I have a 6'5 ghost in 8.0. Feels really solid. I agree with racer1. It would be very hard to buckle the board. It does feel stiff but not in a bad way.

Reactions: Lohena

ChaseTMP

Billy Hamilton status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I was at the 5 week mark yesterday and started to get antsy knowing that's when Geopac got their call from XTR. The surf forecast looks abysmal, which made me even more certain that mine should be ready, based on 37 years' experience of picking up custom boards and having nothing local to try them out on.

I was on a work call this afternoon and saw XTR was calling on the other line. I quickly started to formulate the story to the wife in my head of why I was going to have to go down to SD for work tomorrow, despite not having had to leave my home office since 3/17.

I eagerly answered the other line after telling my coworker I'd call them back as I had an "important" call on the other line. Shey, then then proceeded to ask me "what wing do you want your leash plug on?" Tissue please.