Harpers Magazine publishes alt right hate speech treatise, falls on wrong side of history

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I apparently just had my hands slapped for the comedic Noam the Nazi avatar thing.

Thou shalt not desecrate the Chomsky.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

Now I must say 67 Our Fuhrers.

Go with Google
you might try the only advanced course he offers, Declaring Bankruptcy(Moral or otherwise), and move on to the next mark.:cool:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
As someone who was expelled from three (3) faith based educational institutions I might observe that the bible does not indicate the race of Adam and Eve (I believe science tells us the first humans were probably black) and God did not "cancel" our first African couple but instead provided them with a path to redemption/eternal life.

I will now be stepping to the side to avoid the oncoming lightning bolt.

Thank you.

And I really screwed up the mustache trim this morning but my new forehead tattoo diverts all notice from said flawed facial follicle trim.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Now I see the peace sign as a proxy for the evil symbol
I’ll never view hippies the same again

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
God wasn't cancelling Adam and Eve, he was gentrifying the Garden of Eden as part of a bid submission for the new Amazon HQ.
The Garden was already gentrified. It was a paradise with a border. In the name of equality the entire word was turned into a sh!t-hole. There's a message in there somewhere I suppose...

Reactions: GDaddy

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If you see some kid drowning where you are surfing do you intervene?
Priorities. If your family is safe and you're able to help someone else out without getting hurt then sure, you'd go.

But if 100 people decide to put themselves into that position at the same time with the *expectation* that you are required to make sacrifices for them then they're out of luck.

There is zero overlap between me volunteering to be virtuous and the State forcing me to act that way at my expense.

BTW, if Adam had told Eve that she needed to assume personal responsibility for her choices and go fix her own problems then her little sister Trixie (who was younger and tighter anyway) would have learned that lesson the first time. Then we could have avoided a whole lot of the evil we have faced ever since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The Garden was already gentrified. It was a paradise with a border. In the name of equality the entire word was turned into a sh!t-hole. There's a message in there somewhere I suppose...
Oh, so then he really de-platformed, or de-plotfarmed, Adam and Eve over an apple.

What a snowflake!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
God wasn't cancelling Adam and Eve, he was gentrifying the Garden of Eden as part of a bid submission for the new Amazon HQ.
God kind of seems like a psychopath.

He didn't take my "don't be a dick just because you can" saying to heart.

There was a time when I was teaching 7 comp classes.

I had five and then two people shamed me into taking the other 2 against my better judgement.

Anyway, I was super stressed out and I found myself being mean to the kids because I could.

I had this moment when I snapped at a kid in my office for being stupid.

Then I caught myself and thought, I don't want to be a dick just because I can.

And then I stopped doing it.

So maybe God can change too?

It's weird when you make that change. You really notice when other people are dicks just because they can be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Ocean

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
As someone who was expelled from three (3) faith based educational institutions I might observe that the bible does not indicate the race of Adam and Eve (I believe science tells us the first humans were probably black) and God did not "cancel" our first African couple but instead provided them with a path to redemption/eternal life.

I will now be stepping to the side to avoid the oncoming lightning bolt.

Thank you.

And I really screwed up the mustache trim this morning but my new forehead tattoo diverts all notice from said flawed facial follicle trim.
Maybe if you did not spend all your time on getting expelled you would have learned something from these fine institutions. We have photographic evidence they were white as Billy Graham’s ass.
1594395916219.jpeg

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Lie, not all controversial speech is hate speech, I've never said that because I don't believe that.
That letter was written in response to literally hundreds (thousands?) of verified stories of journalists, public figures, academics etc who have been fired, forced out, bullied, etc for saying controversial statements. The letter cites some examples. Matt Taibbi also had a lot of good examples, such as the Asian American journalist who was forced to apologize for tweeting a statement from a black activist at one of the protests who questioned why it’s only news when a white man kills a black man.

This letter is not defending the right to for say blatant Richard Spencer style hate speech and keep your job. Yet your first statement reduced the entire letter into defending the right to be a bigot.

Did you even read the letter? If so, what exactly do you disagree with?

You're mischaracterizing again (fecalizing?).
Wrong, you did that with your first post in this thread by claiming that the letter defended the right to be a bigot.

Hate speech is very clearly defined as public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sex, or sexual orientation.

Is that even debatable?
No, of course it isn’t, but what does that have to do with this letter? Did you even read it? If so, please point out where it said that you should be allowed to spew hate speech and keep your job.

That's not "all controversial speech", not even close.

You don't get to decide what constitutes bigotry, you are not the one on the receiving end of it.

Again, you're free to do it, you're just not free from the consequences caused by breaking social norms.

But yeah, keep spewing hate at transgender people and then claim that's not bigotry.

See how that works out for you.

Assimilate or GTFO
Again, another one of your word salad rants where you argue against things that nobody said in the first place. Do you have a text file on your desk top where you cut and paste this tripe? You’re like serfdog with his global warming rants that he injects into anything tangentially related.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Another way of looking at it might be that including standardized tests favored white students.
So removing that levels the playing field
I’m not sure either perspective is more right than the other, but it’s a different way of looking at it
it also favored Asians who coincidentally sued Harvard for racial discrimination because they required higher SATs for Asians than any other group

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I believe that way of looking at it is some of that soft bigotry of low expectations there.

A standardized test is, by design, supposed to be completely objective and something that creates data to be measured.
nothing is perfectly objective but the SATs were the most objective standard compared to grades and extracurriculars

now the standard will be more subjective which will allow schools to hide racial discrimination

Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That letter was written in response to literally hundreds (thousands?) of verified stories of journalists, public figures, academics etc who have been fired, forced out, bullied, etc for saying controversial statements.
Seems a lot of people don't like what you deceitfully call "controversial statements".

In fact, "hundreds of thousands" of people don't like these contraversial statements.

It's almost like it's about social norms or something?

You want to force employers to stop forcing
employees they don't like out?

You want people to just accept bigots and dickheads and say nothing?

That sure sounds like totalitarianism.

What's your end goal here?

Because you are absolutely free to say whatever the fück you want right now.

But like a toddler, you crave acceptance for your dickish behavior.

Not in Western Kultur, sry.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I think the social norms are changing. No one is quite sure what the rules are.
It's true, the power structure is changing and with it the social norms.

It seems to be a huge problem for some.

We must preserve our way of life and our KULTUR!