U.S.A.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I got this email today!

Yeah!

"Dear English 101 and 301 instructors,

You have been added as a "leader" to the new "Anti-Racist Composition Pedagogy" Community on ________. The Composition Committee welcomes you to post articles, books, websites, videos, and other media (or links to them) on this Community. Please limit yourself to non-fiction texts."

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-06-24/bulldoze-la-freeways-racism-monument

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

WhiteMoron said:
"We're sick of this narrative, that's what's wrong," the man said in the video. "The narrative of police brutality, the narrative of oppression, the narrative of racism, it's a lie."
weird...where have I heard that before....?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
so glad I live in a place where all foreign born white skinned and black skinned people are both considered at the same lower level of society compared to any of the other local ethnicities including white skinned and darker skinned peoples.
Where maybe even the darker skinned Popolo/Royal Hawaiian is better off getting accepted here than their white skinned counterparts. Although an "it's all about me" attitude from either color quickly classifies them as the same "go back to where you came from" outside invasive species label.

The inability of visitors understanding the blinders of their birth privilege is what does them in here according to the haole author of "Haoles in Hawaii". It's actually appropo to any foreign ethnicity trying to act the same here. You fit in or you don't, those that can't or don't eventually give up and leave when they realize they will always be the minority here.

It's weird that people who've been here as much as that have been here don't go back home with a better understanding of their own internal prejudices of who they think they really are when confronted by an environment where you are at the bottom and not at the top of the social ladder.

Some learn, most don't

Reactions: sirfun

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Real racism:
I take it you consider yourself a victim of racism. It's literally all you do here.
That's murder. Death penalty for the cop.
you still want to fry the murderers of George Floyd. right ?? )