Public Shaming

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Conflating critiques of social and cultural issues with racism is entirely dishonest. Which makes the people who do that both liars AND assholes.

Race isn't culture and culture isn't race. Values and conduct are the result of culture, not race. If you can choose to be an ally then you can also choose to be an enemy.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Conflating critiques of social and cultural issues with racism is entirely dishonest. Which makes the people who do that both liars AND assholes.

Race isn't culture and culture isn't race. Values and conduct are the result of culture, not race. If you can choose to be an ally then you can also choose to be an enemy.
it's the same as charges of heresy in the Massachusetts bay colony. Racist doesn't mean to them what it used to mean to normal people. It's just another word for non-believer. If you don't accept the dogma 100% without question you are a "racist" and there is no possible rebuttal because it's a question of faith

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

On erBB we can't even agree on what "racism" means! And now you wanna bring "culture" into it. Oy.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
On erBB we can't even agree on what "racism" means! And now you wanna bring "culture" into it. Oy.
You only talk about race. I only want to talk about culture because that's where all the action is.

For instance, our attitudes towards criminal conduct is a function of cultural values. Regardless of race. Teaching your kids to read - culture. Religion and religiosity is culture. Work ethic is culture. Politics is culture. Monogamy vs promiscuity is culture.

Hence the utter ferocity of the culture wars. The "melting pot" puts more of us in the same page in terms of our primary values than does the separate-but-equal segregation of instersectionality.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Wouldn't you agree there are a number of groups of people who have little/no regard for monogamy? Springer shows "you are NOT the father" episodes all the time and there's not one of those scumbags you'd volunteer to live next door to. 2/3 of them or more seem to be rednecks.

Drug culture sux in general. Those people have no standards for the people they associate with beyond their willingness to get high. Convicts come in all shapes and sizes and some of the values they share in common sux.

You don't want to associate with conservatives and I sure as hell don't want to associate with SJWs. Like I said, politics is culture, and so is religion and whatever else you can think of.

Lots of people won't even associate with certain members of their own family due to the values they live and the choices they make.

What else is cancel culture about other than judgemental people deciding they cannot tolerate someone else's conduct and values and doing their best to kick them off the island?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
the old "there's good people on both sides" argument
No, argument is that the "sides" are broken down by conduct and choices, not by their "intersectionality". That's why I'd much rather live next door to Candace Owens than any scumbag who rocks a "Smash the State" T-shirt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Wouldn't you agree there are a number of groups of people who have little/no regard for monogamy? Springer shows "you are NOT the father" episodes all the time and there's not one of those scumbags you'd volunteer to live next door to. 2/3 of them or more seem to be rednecks.

Drug culture sux in general. Those people have no standards for the people they associate with beyond their willingness to get high. Convicts come in all shapes and sizes and some of the values they share in common sux.

You don't want to associate with conservatives and I sure as hell don't want to associate with SJWs. Like I said, politics is culture, and so is religion and whatever else you can think of.

Lots of people won't even associate with certain members of their own family due to the values they live and the choices they make.

What else is cancel culture about other than judgemental people deciding they cannot tolerate someone else's conduct and values and doing their best to kick them off the island?
Find the golden mean.

There is value in high orderliness and industriousness.

But you need high openness too.

It's about balance.

I like hanging around smart conservatives.

They can bias me toward the golden mean.

I too can do this for them.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Liberals use evidence to form opinions. That's what makes me a liberal. If someone is going to value dishonesty and hypocrisy, then no, Im not going to be on their side.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I can tolerate everyone here just fine, even though some people here strongly disagree with me. If I valued muh-bubble I wouldn't spend any effort engaging with people here.