World's worst / your least favorite waves?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What are your least favorite waves on the planet?

The shitty beachbreak down the street doesn't count, nor does a place you hate because of the crowd.

I'm talking about well known waves either locally or internationally that are supposedly good to great but really aren't that great for whatever reason.

Or waves you just could never figure out.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
There’s a wave in france
where the naked ladies dance
and the dance that they do
is enough to kill a jew
and the jew that they kill
is enough to pay some bills
and the bill that they pay
is enough to buy some hay
and the hay that they buy
is enough to tell a lie
and the lie that they tell
is enough to go to hell

operator, give me number nine
if you disconnect me I’ll chop off your behind
I’ll ask you no more questions
i’ll tell you no more lies
the cows are in the pasture
making chocolate pies.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Playa Hermosa Costa Rica.. glorified closeout, super tide dependent, and blows out by 9am.

That said I love the area and people down there, and the fact I can redeye in 5 hours for 400 bucks, hop off the plane and be surfing by 8am is unparalleled so I keep going back and taking my donuts.
agree.

Reactions: CutnSnip

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
Subjective stuff of course, lived in Hermosa for several south seasons early 2000's, know the whole region well, love that place...I bet you wouldn't believe it if I told you I've caught fuggin JACO firing (only once but solid carpet peelers)...

But to answer the question...I want to say none but my sessions at Linda Mar on despo days won't let me.

• Haha
Reactions: bluengreen

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Noosa (all of them) - QLD, AUS
Such an epic series of spots, but a complete and utter shitshow that's just plain dangerous with that many humans shoulder-to-shoulder and sharp boards going in every direction.

I'm voting it my worst not because of the wave itself, but because it's often the only clean option in the nearby region when cyclone swell come through, and you're forced to deal with the above.

Macaronis - Ments
Epic wave that makes you think you're an absolute ripper. Then when you surf anywhere else, you realise the wave is such that it makes you feel like a hero. I'm voting for it because that comedown back to reality is the worst.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
I'll get sh!t for this one. Blacks. Assuming it hasn't been renamed. I even won money out there and I still hated it. The work to fun ratio is screwed up. You catch a set wave and you want to get high in the face so you can get a look over the back at what's coming. Surfed it a lot during college. It almost delivered here and there.