The takeback of Hawaiian lands?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
are you being ignorant, a troublemaker or just boto?
The word in original form never meant what you claim:
"Yea, we know, it means without breath/ soul. "

It was the white missionaries who put the okina split in the word that inadvertently created two separate words out their own ignorance because they wanted to create a way to separate themselves from the indigenous population they were trying to conquer and get rid of by stealing their land rights and overthrowing their monarch after killing them with their diseases and religious beliefs. They, in their own ingnorance created two words out of one that changed the meaning from something that meant anything foreign to just human beings. Life has a weird way of kicking you in the okole.

Kanaka originally meant "human being" and "Haole" meant anything foreign. I guess you could theorize that the missionaries didn't want to be grouped in with the term for human beings so to separate themselves they adopted the word "haole" by making it "ha'ole". I just say it was western prejudice in trying to document a spoken language into a written one. Same happened to all the chinese laborers whose names ended up with an "a" in front. Names that don't exist either native chinese or hawaiian language.

When every race has a derogatory "descriptor"
we are all equal.
That's what separates Hawaii from the rest of the mainland.
Everyone is treated the same here no one is allowed to rise above the rest.
We are all sand crabs pulling each other back down from escaping the plastic bucket.
With Hawaiians being the worse.
Like being stuck in the middle of the pacific, it is our best and worse trait.

All of our weaknesses are exposed in our local nicknames which are like the old big mouth trask said is "descriptive" for a recognized trait.

haole and its many variations
popolo or "royal hawaiian"
kanak or "stupid/lazy hawaiain"
pake
kepanee
kimchee
pocho
bohdinkee
flip
ufaufa
pineapple/banana/coconut/kahtonk
mahu
menehune
tourist "malahini"
local "kamaaina"

Most of these came out of the plantation camps where everyone was equal except the lunas and plantation owners. The plantations if anything unified most of the "worker" populations here but then money and the pursuit of it destroyed it all.

These words are no different here than using "ewa" and "diamondhead" or 'mauka" or "makai" when in conversation.
descriptive

if you don't like the word "haole" that's something personal that only you can resolve.
But not saying the sky is blue or water is water isn't going to change those things.
The word "haole" like our original culture existed eons before western contact.

As far as sovereignty...
that ship has sailed
we are too diluted at this point

it's mostly the young versus the old here now
the outsider versus the local battle will rage on forever
as our daily lives continually gets worse
but it won't be race based

In a weird way. the complaints all the MAGAs support about those coming from the south and IP theft from china
is the same complaints we here feel about tourists
think about that one.
First to answer what am I. Ignorant, troublemaker or boto. How about enlightened?

Maybe you just don't know your own culture, full of localism and prejudice. Your post about "fücking haoles" on another thread is what got me started. Other Hawaiians stories of beating up white classmates. I didn't go to school there, so how do I know these stories about "kill a haole day"? You guys told me! You revel in thinking that you are more entitled because of the color of your skin.

I'm repeating, I know these stories because you guys told me.

So here a thread starts about some Hawaiian who wants to take back Hawaii. That's some ignorant bullshit right there. What, you want a civil war? What's the difference between that guy and some southern cracker who wants to rehash the civil war, and fly a losing flag.

You just said, "In a weird way. the complaints all the MAGAs support about those coming from the south and IP theft from china
think about that one."

Yea, I think about it. I think the MAGA hat wearers are stupid. What's your point?

You bitch about today's tourists. Then don't fücking do business with them. Where did we see that before? Oh yea, in the Jim Crow south. Segregated lunch counters. White only water fountains. And you want Hawaiian only surf spots. Hawaiian only islands. Do you have any idea how small minded you are?

Our world is a gift to all of us. Where were you when the world was made? Where were you when the water separated from the land. Did you set the sun in the sky? Who are you to say a place is set aside for people by skin color?

Last edited:

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
You say that it was the missionaries fault that the word was changed from meaning foreigner to meaning without a soul.

Fine.

Then if you know that, then why do you continue to use the version that means no soul? You know that today, for whatever reason it means no soul. And you use the word today.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
are you being ignorant, a troublemaker or just boto?
The word in original form never meant what you claim:
"Yea, we know, it means without breath/ soul. "

It was the white missionaries who put the okina split in the word that inadvertently created two separate words out their own ignorance because they wanted to create a way to separate themselves from the indigenous population they were trying to conquer and get rid of by stealing their land rights and overthrowing their monarch after killing them with their diseases and religious beliefs. They, in their own ingnorance created two words out of one that changed the meaning from something that meant anything foreign to just human beings. Life has a weird way of kicking you in the okole.

Kanaka originally meant "human being" and "Haole" meant anything foreign. I guess you could theorize that the missionaries didn't want to be grouped in with the term for human beings so to separate themselves they adopted the word "haole" by making it "ha'ole". I just say it was western prejudice in trying to document a spoken language into a written one. Same happened to all the chinese laborers whose names ended up with an "a" in front. Names that don't exist either native chinese or hawaiian language.

When every race has a derogatory "descriptor"
we are all equal.
That's what separates Hawaii from the rest of the mainland.
Everyone is treated the same here no one is allowed to rise above the rest.
We are all sand crabs pulling each other back down from escaping the plastic bucket.
With Hawaiians being the worse.
Like being stuck in the middle of the pacific, it is our best and worse trait.

All of our weaknesses are exposed in our local nicknames which are like the old big mouth trask said is "descriptive" for a recognized trait.

haole and its many variations
popolo or "royal hawaiian"
kanak or "stupid/lazy hawaiain"
pake
kepanee
kimchee
pocho
bohdinkee
flip
ufaufa
pineapple/banana/coconut/kahtonk
mahu
menehune
tourist "malahini"
local "kamaaina"

Most of these came out of the plantation camps where everyone was equal except the lunas and plantation owners. The plantations if anything unified most of the "worker" populations here but then money and the pursuit of it destroyed it all.

These words are no different here than using "ewa" and "diamondhead" or 'mauka" or "makai" when in conversation.
descriptive

if you don't like the word "haole" that's something personal that only you can resolve.
But not saying the sky is blue or water is water isn't going to change those things.
The word "haole" like our original culture existed eons before western contact.

As far as sovereignty...
that ship has sailed
we are too diluted at this point

it's mostly the young versus the old here now
the outsider versus the local battle will rage on forever
as our daily lives continually gets worse
but it won't be race based

In a weird way. the complaints all the MAGAs support about those coming from the south and IP theft from china
think about that one.
"but it won't be raced based"

I think not! I can't tell you how many times I have heard, unprovoked, "f***ing haole" spewed out at white people here on island. (not at me) It is always flung at whites. If it's not race based, then what is it?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Didn't everysurfr do this same thread several months ago?
Close. Neither were my threads. But every time somebody starts another bullshit thread, like this one where some dumbass thinks he's going to start some insurrection, or like the last one, where Onula says, " fűcken Haole", I'll be right back at it.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Close. Neither were my threads. But every time somebody starts another bullshit thread, like this one where some dumbass thinks he's going to start some insurrection, or like the last one, where Onula says, " fűcken Haole", I'll be right back at it.
How did it go the last time?

• Haha
Reactions: crustBrother

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Q: How many haoles does it take to screw in a light bulb?

A: None. We just take the land from those dumb savages and make them do the work for us!!!!!

Hahahaahahahahaahhaah!!!!!!

Exactly. Why would Hawaiians think Haole's are 3/5's a human if they own so much more land and businesses than Hawaiians?