**BONZER THREAD 2014**

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
My CB 6'6 x 20 1/4 x 2 9/16 foiled out diamond tail bonzer5 egg has gotten so many wave of the day and best session ever awards, it doesn't even go up to the podium anymore, it just smiles and nods quietly from the board bag.

Bman is nail on the head with his analysis. My .02 is go egg. The rocker and planshape is So magic on these it's really crazy.
The blend of performance and glide is 2nd to none.
I bought mine used and didn't haggle a nickel once I saw the dims.

You will not be sorry.

May 19, 2020
MBLV is a solid all rounder with a better bottom end than an egg. They surf nice and free with the three fin configuration. Nice 70's feel to these boards. I have a 5'6. My egg is 5'9 and really thinned out with performance rails. Surfs really quick down the line and the longer rail keeps the turns more drawn out than the mlv. The five fin setup gives you great hold in larger waves, especially during the highline. You can't go wrong really. Because you've come off long boards and have a russ short, the egg will fit seamlessly into your quiver. That said, if you want something different that will flow like your mini sim - the MLV is the go.
Thanks for all the info. Question: how would an egg light vehicle bottom go? Since you have the 5 fin and the MBLV, what are your thoughts on this?

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Thanks for all the info. Question: how would an egg light vehicle bottom go? Since you have the 5 fin and the MBLV, what are your thoughts on this?
I was really interested in one as i think it works so well on the MLV. But i never got the chance to talk with Malcolm directly on his shaping tour here in Australia. The guy i went through said it would make it looser and perhaps less predictable at an egg at 5'9. My egg is for better waves so i opted out. Other people have got them. I know the English surfer Guy over at House of Bonzer had many done years ago. I don't think his blog runs anymore, but you can contact him on instagram.

Reactions: daverey

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Something to consider....

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Is this it? I’ve been looking at mote Fiji but this looks nicer. Idk what I’m doing .... the standard alpha omega is all I need. It’s such a good board.

7CF3B903-31EA-44B0-80A7-6E946B10B0C9.jpeg