Father and son charged in Ahmaud Arbery’s murder.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Pretty sure people have a right to not be detained by randoms. Not really sure what happens when Stand Your Ground meets Citizen's Arrest. Not really sure what the deal is on arresting them basically overnight after the video drops but okay.

Maybe the dude was actively burglaring and the Cletae aren't at fault. Personally I approve of shooting a home invader but less sure about a third party effecting a citizen's arrest so poorly.

I mean maybe the end game is only people who can win the fistfight should make citizen's arrests. Maybe Christy Mack gave War Machine toothy head and he was detaining her but she got uppity and caught hands. The facts are unclear.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Seriously, fook off liar. My comment in the thread that got deleted was about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, not this cases.

Someone brought TM/GZ and I responded to that. In that case, GZ was able to make a compelling self defense case. If that story was true, then it was incredibly poor judgement on TMs part to attack him. Which is why I said something along the lines of “maybe you should run away from someone pursuing you with a gun”.
LOL I love all the back pedaling now that they are arrested.

You said that victim was stupid because he fought back when they blocked his path.

One sentence. That was your first post.

Then you brought up the Trayvon Martin case and defended Zimmerman.

The rest of your friends are backpedaling like crazy too. Fascinating!

Ifailalot claimed that it's totally worth taking someone's life away over lowly possessions.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
And it is. However, they didn't catch this guy in the act so it's murder

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Just look at an aerial of the area. Notice the distance between the city limits vs this neighborhood (6.5 miles). Zoom down and look at the highway between town and that big-ass industrial park to the east of the scene of the crime. Zoom in and look at the bridge - that's a 2-mile span with a 50mph speed limit, 2 lanes of travel and a shoulder (no sidewalk). Does that look like a primo running route to anyone here?
That didn't take long.

The only place a black man can live is the inner city?

Nice

Why even bring that up? We know he didn't steal anything.

I know why.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
That didn't take long.

The only place a black man can live is the inner city?

Nice

Why even bring that up? We know he didn't steal anything.

I know why.
So you didn't catch my comments about the other possibility, huh? Of course not.

It may be that the victim didn't live in town, but in one of the residential neighborhoods a mile or so to the west of this location and well within a recreational runner's AO. We don't know at this point because nobody has asked.
I did see a comment that appeared in one of the articles saying that people had known him to run in town, and that he had been hassled a bit for running-while-black there, too. So maybe he was in the habit of riding a bus or driving into town in order to run there instead of his own neighborhood.
As for "why bring it up?", these are valid questions to ask and they're questions that absolutely will be asked by the authorities and in the courts whether you want people to ignore these possibilities or not.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
As for "why bring it up?", these are valid questions to ask and they're questions that absolutely will be asked by the authorities and in the courts whether you want people to ignore these possibilities or not.
Why did you even presume that he didn't live there?

Inner city was your very first thought.

That's all I commented on.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
If you live a mile from someplace, you're a resident of that area. And 1 mile is a few minutes worth of running from a person's house.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
LOL I love all the back pedaling now that they are arrested.

You said that victim was stupid because he fought back when they blocked his path.

One sentence. That was your first post.
Um, no. I said something along the lines of, "Maybe running towards someone with a gun is not a good idea" and I was specifically talking about Trayvon Martin. Someone (Skully?) mentioned TM as a parallel to this case, and I replied with that exact quote about TM in it. In my following reply, I clearly stated that I was not talking about this case and that I was talking about GZ/TM.

Seriously, you are the biggest liar on this forum.

Then you brought up the Trayvon Martin case and defended Zimmerman.
Saying that the jury made the correct decision as it pertains to the confines of the law = / = defending the person. Unlike communist shitholes like the one you grew up in and that you yearn for the US to become, defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty and require proof BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT for a guilty conviction. In the case of GZ, having your face bashed in provides plenty of reasonable doubt that makes the prosecutions burden of proof very difficult to come by.

The rest of your friends are backpedaling like crazy too. Fascinating!

Ifailalot claimed that it's totally worth taking someone's life away over lowly possessions.
You're the one backpeddling with your lies, as usual.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Um, no. I said something along the lines of, "Maybe running towards someone with a gun is not a good idea" and I was specifically talking about Trayvon Martin. Someone (Skully?) mentioned TM as a parallel to this case, and I replied with that exact quote about TM in it. In my following reply, I clearly stated that I was not talking about this case and that I was talking about GZ/TM.

Seriously, you are the biggest liar on this forum.

Saying that the jury made the correct decision as it pertains to the confines of the law = / = defending the person. Unlike communist shitholes like the one you grew up in and that you yearn for the US to become, defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty and require proof BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT for a guilty conviction. In the case of GZ, having your face bashed in provides plenty of reasonable doubt that makes the prosecutions burden of proof very difficult to come by.

You're the one backpeddling with your lies, as usual.
LOLOL

• Dislike
Reactions: grapedrink

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
If you live a mile from someplace, you're a resident of that area. And 1 mile is a few minutes worth of running from a person's house.
Which is one reason I brought the proximity of the other neighborhoods up myself.

Wouldn't you like to know where he lived in relation to the scene of the crime? Wouldn't you rather know it was 1 mile or 20 miles away? If not, why not? One of the primary points I've been making in this thread is that these facts have already been known by the cops since the outset, but that info hasn't made it out to the public. Asking why isn't unreasonable.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
I've read several articles on this incident so I'd have to look for it again. Why don't you look for it?
Your first thought was not where he lives but a presumption that he lived in the inner city and then you mapped your calculations from there. I doubt that was in the news.

Maybe you did it subconsciously. It's not important. I just found it curious.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Translation: I got caught in a lie and have nothing to say in response :( LIAR!!!’
No, translation is, I can't be fucking bothered to go in circles with you.

In the very post you said you didn't defend Zimmerman, you defended Zimmerman.

You can make up any sh!t you like now that thread doesn't exist anymore.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Okay, I just looked again and the USA Today article published earlier today includes this tidbit:

usa.JPG

"2 miles away" is well within a recreational runners range, so that answers that question and it bolsters the assertion that the victim was simply out for a mid-day run. It does not support the idea that he lived in town and would have had to run 6.5 miles (each way) on a 4-lane highway in order to get to this neighborhood, or that he would have driven there.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Which is one reason I brought the proximity of the other neighborhoods up myself.

Wouldn't you like to know where he lived in relation to the scene of the crime? Wouldn't you rather know it was 1 mile or 20 miles away? If not, why not? One of the primary points I've been making in this thread is that these facts have already been known by the cops since the outset, but that info hasn't made it out to the public. Asking why isn't unreasonable.
20 miles is a long way to run to rob a random house of what? Didn't look like he was carrying anything of note while running. What could he have robbed that would be worth running that far? Had to be something that can fit in pockets. Probably not the Hope Diamond or the Mona Lisa. Grandpappy Winston's dentures? An AOL CD? Sarah Palin's vodka-soaked pubes?

I'm not certain of what constitute redneck valuables or whatever trash they buy on eBay or Craigslist so file this under inquiring minds want to know what would anyone want to rob them of in the first place.