New Jersey opening state parks and golf courses but is it just a set-up?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
New Jersey is opening its state parks and golf courses tomorrow. The governor however issued a stern and pretty dickheaded warning that us peasants had better live up to his standards or else.. His warning has me thinking that the whole move to open parks this weekend is a set-up so he can come back next week and not just re-close the parks but to take it a step further and close the state's beaches entirely. As it stands right now the individual municipalities determine if their beaches are open or not. Most are closed. Some are open. Others are allowing selected activities.

I have a feeling that the governor will have operatives taking pictures at parks of people not behaving to the king's satisfaction and this will be the basis for him to make even stricter restrictions. My thinking has been for quite a while that the governor will seize control of the beaches from the hands of local municipalities before Memorial Day weekend.

Its just a theory. I could be wrong. Just wanted to get the thought out there.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sure enough he closed the beach at Corson's Inlet State Park within one day doing exactly what I thought. Time will tell if my theory holds or if the pressure being brought to bear on the governor right now to open things back up will work.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I've been on the beach regularly not complying skully during the whole thing. Surfing too.....
While bitching about the beaches being closed and advocating a full lockdown for nonresidents, was surfing actually ever banned?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Some towns near me won't allow any out-of-towners to park in their town. And these aren't "Democrat shithole" towns, these are "I own my 3rd and 4th beach house here" towns.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Murphy, unlike Trumby, has a plan

May 22, 2020
I'm already so tired of this virus that I just want to go on vacation as soon as possible... And I would like to rest on an island far away from everyone, especially from my family, because this coronavirus has forced us all to sit together for more than a month without leaving the house. This is honestly hard labor. Although I now have enough and some simple vacation, such as a trip to the country to play golf with friends. And then I'm already tired of just hanging out on the forum about Golf windtreegolf.com/ and not being able to actually play for more than two months.

Last edited: