Superbrand Fling

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Hand Delivered by Jason Koons. Class act. Perfectly executed custom. 5’7 x 20.5 x 2-9/16 of tight shredding boar!

Big props to the guys at superbrand. couldn’t be any more stocked! :shaka::)

Attachments

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
board looks super fun. outline looks very similar to the old lost bottom feeder ( I can't tell anything about the bottom contours based on pic). Is it similar or different?

Reactions: Havoc

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
It's Bottom Feeder like. A little more fishy feeling maybe a little more nose rocker.

Bottom Feeder had kind of a unique bottom with some belly in the nose:
"The belly continues through the center but features a double concave sitting inside it. Which creates a tri-plane hull featuring a soft chine in the rail." -Lost Website.

I preferred the BF to the Fling as a groveler, but the BF I had was sized a little better for me. Fling is very fun too, can handle a bigger and steeper wave than the BF for sure. Had a Fling out in a perfect mexican right point about waist to chest high and it was super fun.

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008

Congrats Havoc! i'm sure you'll be clicking off moves like this in no time.
Is this the OG shape? looks like it. What is the volume 32ish?

I love the Fling, got's a 5'4 OG in Superflex. ( 165lbs x 5'10 x totally washed up)

• Haha

Mat6920

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2017
All time fav for me too, have it in Superflex too, 5 8. Board is amazing, f***ing flyyyyy, took it to Maldives on those fat slow peeling waves, I fell like riding the magic carpet of Aladin

Reactions: SharkBoy and Havoc

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Had a 5'5 with the swallow tail. Would like to try a 5'4 with the rounded square or the hippie squash tail and back off the thickness a touch if I were to try another.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Havoc I'm surprised you didn't go trusty only bro. I'm gonna throw my Fling in the truck and give her a go soon in your honor. Those guys at Super are good to deal with.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Havoc I'm surprised you didn't go trusty only bro. I'm gonna throw my Fling in the truck and give her a go soon in your honor. Those guys at Super are good to deal with.
haha. good to have some options.

ya super was super easy to deal with. Jason Koons in particular is a straight shooter and amazing shaper. Will be ordering more boards from them in the future. stocked! :shaka::drowning:

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Can anyone answer if they still use S-glass as stock? Asked them via IG, email, etc, but noone's gotten back to me. Saw in an old Real review they did S as stock, but wanted to confirm...

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Can anyone answer if they still use S-glass as stock? Asked them via IG, email, etc, but noone's gotten back to me. Saw in an old Real review they did S as stock, but wanted to confirm...
It looks like they are .

On polyester glassed boards S cloth has a very visible lap witch you can sea on havocks boar

surfride1977

OTF status
Nov 20, 2005
The Fling is my all-time favorite shape for between the groveler and the HP shortboard range.. So fast and easy to surf! I know people disagree quite a bit about their favorite fin setup, but my magic formula is as a quad plus trailer - JC1 fronts, Rainbow 3.75 quad rears and that little Futures nubster fin from 2011(?)
Stoked for you!

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Took me a couple sessions but liking thruster over quad lately. Looks like they changed the quad placement on the newer ones?

Reactions: Mat6920 and Havoc