This is going to be the worst week in history!!!!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm feeding two people and they're staying at my place for free.

I don't ride in the rain, I respect the trails.

Is this a mass grave for people dying from hunger?

View attachment 89160
Why would you have to feed anyone. Nobody is hungry.

That’s a mass grave just like the one that buries 1,500 EVERY YEAR in Los Angeles for people who die in the streets.

For which I provided a link that you ignore. Already posted 2013, here’s 2016...

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Middle class. My dad was a defense engineer and my mother a homemaker. Their parents were working-class people or farmers.

Middle class is more of a mindset than a SES in a lot of ways. The UMC mindset is more of a striving to elite status by mimicking those above in the political class and looking down on those below.
Wouldn't he make good cash as a defense engineer?

Middle class has changed.

Everything got messed up when mom went to work and people started buying granite tops for the kitchen.

As a kid, I had friends with rich parents. Usually it was friends of friends.

When I would go to the mansions, the moms would always be so cool. That dads too but they were always off to do something fun.

There would always be an entitled asshole brother or sister hanging around.

I always got the sense that money wasn't an issue.

whereas with my parents, who lived during WWII in England, were always stressed about money, even when they made some.

That is the difference with classes in America.

In contrast when.hung around white trash friends, your stuff was always getting stolen.

Margret mead wanna be out!

Reactions: FecalFace

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
How do you know what's in my head?
I read your post

you’ve created some narrative that the fact that your dad had an advanced degree and a high income job is not the main thing as far as your class background is concerned, it’s some subjective other thing that matters more

would you believe this if someone else claimed it besides you?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Wouldn't he make good cash as a defense engineer?

Middle class has changed.

Everything got messed up when mom went to work and people started buying granite tops for the kitchen.

As a kid, I had friends with rich parents. Usually it was friends of friends.

When I would go to the mansions, the moms would always be so cool. That dads too but they were always off to do something fun.

There would always be an entitled asshole brother or sister hanging around.

I always got the sense that money wasn't an issue.

whereas with my parents, who lived during WWII in England, were always stressed about money, even when they made some.

That is the difference with classes in America.

In contrast when.hung around white trash friends, your stuff was always getting stolen.

Margret mead wanna be out!
"Good cash" is a matter of your expenses and how you spend it. He made some good money buying houses and fixing houses early in life since he learned carpentry from his father. He used two houses to pay off the one we lived in high school. He worked for a long time as a sales rep making very little. Towards the end, after we left, he did really well as an engineer and saved enough for retirement and was also able to collect a pension.

Like you said, class is quite a bit about mindset. Socioeconomically, it's about expenses and spending habits. In general, though, the post-WWII era houses are aging and need a lot of maintenance, healthy insurance is enormously costly until you get onto MediCare, and housing prices in this state are outrageous. We live in a high income tax state and a high income tax country so bring home relatively less for each additional dollar earned.

The truly rich have assets in the form of houses and stocks or shelters like nonprofits.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I read your post

you’ve created some narrative that the fact that your dad had an advanced degree and a high income job is not the main thing as far as your class background is concerned, it’s some subjective other thing that matters more

would you believe this if someone else claimed it besides you?
Yep. It's not only SES but also mindset, manners, speech, preferences, habits, etc. This is true even as you advance in SES. Old money can spot new money a mile away.

Are you taking my comments about UMC strivers personally?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
"Good cash" is a matter of your expenses and how you spend it. He made some good money buying houses and fixing houses early in life since he learned carpentry from his father. He used two houses to pay off the one we lived in high school. He worked for a long time as a sales rep making very little. Towards the end, after we left, he did really well as an engineer and saved enough for retirement and was also able to collect a pension.

Like you said, class is quite a bit about mindset. Socioeconomically, it's about expenses and spending habits. In general, though, the post-WWII era houses are aging and need a lot of maintenance, healthy insurance is enormously costly until you get onto MediCare, and housing prices in this state are outrageous. We live in a high income tax state and a high income tax country so bring home relatively less for each additional dollar earned.

The truly rich have assets in the form of houses and stocks or shelters like nonprofits.
real estate investor, engineer

totally not upper middle class guys! :ROFLMAO:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Yep. It's not only SES but also mindset, manners, speech, preferences, habits, etc. This is true even as you advance in SES. Old money can spot new money a mile away.

Are you taking my comments about UMC strivers personally?
no, I’m just amused at your ability to construct a narrative about yourself that is contradicted by objective facts you offer up alongside it