70% Of People Dying From Coronavirus In Chicago Are Black, Report Says

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
70% Of People Dying From Coronavirus In Chicago Are Black, Report Says

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
APR 5, 2020

CHICAGO — Black coronavirus victims are dying at disproportionately high rates, a problem Gov. JB Pritzker said is due, in part, to “decades, frankly, maybe centuries, of inequality of application of health care to people of color.”

In Chicago, 70 percent of the people who have died from coronavirus are Black, according to a WBEZ analysis. Black people comprise just 29 percent of Chicago’s population.

Statewide, about 30 percent of the people dying from coronavirus are Black, Dr. Ngozi Ezike, director of the Illinois Department of Public Health, said Sunday. Black people are about 14.6 percent of the state’s population, according to 2019 census estimates.

“We know all too well that there are general disparities in health outcomes that play along these racial lines and the same may be true for this virus,” Ezike said.

The state has worked to address health care disparities in Black and Brown communities, and resources will be directed where they are most desperately needed, Ezike said. The state will provide an updated breakdown of coronavirus deaths on Tuesday.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, BlockClubChicago this has nothing to do with discrimination. Yes such things are possible. This is about lifestyle. Blacks have a much higher rate of obesity, type 2 diabetes and kidney disease .....the very conditions which place CV19 patients at risk of severity and death

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4830390/

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I thought he was just posting more evidence that this virus was created in a lab.

Not only is it virulent
it's sexist (effects men much more than women)
it's racist (effects blacks more than whites)
it's also agist (particularly harsh on the elderly)

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I posted a thread yesterday pointing out that covid-19 doesn't discriminate, but our system does. And Covid-19 is exposing it.
The average African American male does not want you of all people telling them how they should eat or directing them in regards to lifestyle choices or telling them their girl's ass is too big.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I thought he was just posting more evidence that this virus was created in a lab.

Not only is it virulent
it's sexist (effects men much more than women)
it's racist (effects blacks more than whites)
it's also agist (particularly harsh on the elderly)
kill the straights and it's the perfect weapon

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
The average African American male does not want you of all people telling them how they should eat or directing them in regards to lifestyle choices or telling them their girl's ass is too big.
true, I was down near space X in Hawthorne last week and it looks like nothing has changed for people in that area. People are out and about doing what they normally do.

in my neighborhood it looks like a ghost town, people here are actually quarantined my guess is because people here have money to sit back on.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
That's not what the article is saying.

Unless Squidley's saying that the virus was created in a white supremacist lab?

I didn't get it before but it all makes sense now.

Besides baiting bigots like you, my purpose is to expose what's obvious to people who aren't bigots, that lifestyle is the killer with CV19. My two links pointed this out succinctly. You can't keep stuffing your face with snickerdoodles and expect to retain immunity from illness and death.

COVID19 requires an acidic extracellular matrix in order to enter a cell. Type 2 diabetics have acidic extracellular matrices.

African Americans at Greater Risk of Type 2 Diabetes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 2, 2000 -- Middle-aged African Americans are far more likely to develop adult-onset, or type 2, diabetes than middle-aged whites, with women much more likely than men to develop the disease, a study in this week's issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association reports.

The study also indicated that much of the extra risk in women may be due to controllable factors, particularly excess weight.

"One of the most important findings of our study is that the excess risk of developing diabetes in African American women is almost 50% due to adiposity [excess fat]," researcher Linda Kao, PhD, tells WebMD. "Clearly, this suggests that if that population could be targeted for prevention, we could reduce the incidence of type 2 diabetes substantially." Kao is a postdoctoral fellow in the department of epidemiology at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Spend 5 minutes on worldstarhiphop.com and watch the videos keyworded yo anything related to social distancing and you’ll see evidence of ehy blacks might be more likely to get covid.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I want the average black male to have the same healthcare coverage that I have. I’ll let his doctor tell him how to eat.

Reactions: Aruka and FecalFace

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I want the average black male to have the same healthcare coverage that I have. I’ll let his doctor tell him how to eat.

Doctors don't tell people how to eat. Healthcare "coverage" doesn't protect people from dying from CV19. Apparently diet changes do.