Joe Rogan would vote for President Trump over Joe Biden: 'I don’t think he can handle anything'

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Nobody watches Colbert show to learn anything or take his opinions seriously. It's light entertainment.
Again, you missed the point: "I realize that Colbert is an act, but it illustrates my point."
When you constantly interrupt, it disrupts the flow of the dialogue, and Rogan is not good at picking up where the person left off.

There've been plenty of times where I've watched Colbert where I wished he would STFU and let the person talk because they were talking about something of interest to me, and I doubt I'm the only one. Yes, I agree that it's entertainment, but not always entertaining, when he does that.

One constant about Rogan's show is that people claim how much they learned from him.

Especially about DMT, cancel kultur, KEEETO, SJW, trannies and manliness.
Rogan talks about issues, and with guests, that people like you want silenced, and that the media refuses to touch. So yes, oftentimes people do learn things that they would never learn about otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Still the best doc film maker ever.
I hesitate to call anybody the best, since they're so many different documentary styles.

Morris' use of "Interrotron" is what sets him apart from other documentarians as well as ability to let the subjects rumble on, without interruption of follow up questions..
That's how both McNamara and Rumsfeld managed to incriminate themselves without much help from Morris.

That was partly due to the physical separation from the subject that Interrotron allows him to do.

1586128684762.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
wowowowow

that's interesting

they are physically separate?!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
wowowowow

that's interesting

they are physically separate?!
Yessa.

Also, by looking at Morris' image in the teleprompter asking the questions, the subject is looking straight into the lens/audience which is way more striking and unsettling than looking slightly off camera, which is the way conventional interviews are conducted.

Without the Interrotron you would not get the same effect because it's unnatural to talk to an inanimate object, at least not openly.

Interrotron:
1586132295002.png

Conventional interview eyeline:
1586132316323.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Aruka

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
talking in to a camera is very disconcerting

it takes practice to get comfortable with it

Reactions: FecalFace

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Also, Errol Morris is the king of letting people ramble on by remaining silent after the subject completes the answer.

It's really hard to do because it's unnatural in the normal conversation.
If you stay silent but continue eye contact, subject feels pressured to keep talking and before you know it, sh!t comes out...

1586132521739.png

Antonioni and Godard used this technique - he would not cut the scene after action/dialog is over and actors would just keep going, confused AF....that's how he made those natural beats and magic happen. A bit easier to do in narrative film.

1586133310912.png

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

I recently had to do a presentation on video and the video guy put the camera at the back of the room so I had to look all the way across the room. It worked. I imagine if the camera is close it is much more difficult

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias

It's a matter of practice if you're just reading the script.

If you are trying to get someone to relax in front of the camera and open up, telling a person to look at the lens instead of your face would make it near impossible.

Humans are weirdos!

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
he's in love with Tulsi as his dream candidate, said so just the other day.