How’s the stock market?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Sure, np. What kind of reminder would you like? 1 day? 3 days? A week?
Heh, murdered by words, admin edition.

I was thinking we are flirting with the bottom....things will be choppy for a while but there is lots of opportunity out there, imho...solid companies who's share price got dragged down by the falling tide and will likely recover as quickly as any can. Been having some fun with screening/buying small lots of profitable companies who's stocks are at a yearly low, and flipping them in the most favorable time frame.

Reactions: r32

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
These ‘rallies’ are weak as fook. Not going long any time soon

its really disgusting how media is reporting how the Dow is set to bounce back to day. What a comeback it made, blah blah blah

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'd like a V-shaped deal in terms of employment, working people who need this week's paycheck for next month's rent (or this month's as well) that kind of thing, but it'd be nice if it was more U-shaped with specific respect to debt-backed purchase of assets driving prices back up. Probably wishful thinking.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I know

All this time to surf, and even the wind-master Kento is saying its baaaaaad
Actually I was referring to r32 being overly grumpy because of the winds.

Winds are fine right now - I wish I hadn't just looked at the cams as it looks good out near my usual. Only one person out.

Reactions: r32 and Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Actually I was referring to r32 being overly grumpy because of the winds.

Winds are fine right now - I wish I hadn't just looked at the cams as it looks good out near my usual. Only one person out.
Why pray tell why have you not seriously considered temporarily ditching the family unit and catching a wave?

You could be sitting on top of the world. But nooo. Fvckin slacker.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Why pray tell why have you not seriously considered temporarily ditching the family unit and catching a wave?

You could be sitting on top of the world. But nooo. Fvckin slacker.
Unfortunately, work (with a side of erBB) is the main schedule.

Large stockpile of books to catch up on too. Not having to drive through traffic, worry about being places a certain time, lots of chill time, don't need to interact face-to-face with people I don't want to, less phone calls disrupting the serenity, minimal expenses.

I love this.

I AM sitting on top of the world.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Large stockpile of books to catch up on too. Not having to drive through traffic, worry about being places a certain time, lots of chill time, don't need to interact face-to-face with people I don't want to, less phone calls disrupting the serenity, minimal expenses.

I love this.

With the waves good and one guy out and your surfing activity soon to become 100% virtual and that weakass excuse you came up with all I can say is I’m just glad GEO isn’t here to see this.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
With the waves good and one guy out and your surfing activity soon to become 100% virtual and that weakass excuse you came up with all I can say is I’m just glad GEO isn’t here to see this.
I am a bit more disciplined at telecommuting than GEO. And the State Water Board officially came down and said f*ck all your excuses about missing reporting deadlines. And there are many right now.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

I love this.

I'm with you. I really do enjoy being home with the family

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Anyone care to guess when stock markets will reach bottom?
What did Gromsdad say to me when I asked a similar question?

"Who cares what we think. Put your money down with a broker and let us know how it works out for ya. "

And what did GWS say?

"Who are the stock market guru surfers? I spent 20 years making my living managing pension/profit sharing money and high net worth individual money in the stock market. Market timing is always a fool's game. Today's guru is tomorrows bum. You take steps re what you think is a probable market direction sometimes, but unless you're a fool, they are incremental. To mitigate short term market problems you maintain a diversified portfolio and have a long term outlook. I used to tell people that if they had a time horizon shorter than ten years they should take their business elsewhere.

But the irony here is YOU are the one who is coming on, playing guru and looking for a someone to "bet"with you. You want to be a day trading cowboy, open up that brokerage account and try your hand at this in the real world."

Guess these guys will want to say the same to you, so here, saved everyone some trouble.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Anyone care to guess when stock markets will reach bottom?
I'll guess that there will be a few more big drops.

Then a few more big ups.

When the volatility starts to drop, the bottom should be more obvious.

And then is when I'll be proven wrong again.

But vague answers like this means you don't get praise (or line up against the wall and shot), so, June 19.

Reactions: Random Guy and r32

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
nobody knows where the bottom is but if you see crude at 10 a barrel drop 10% of your 401k into an energy fund and sit on it for 10-20 years.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
I'll guess that there will be a few more big drops.

Then a few more big ups.

When the volatility starts to drop, the bottom should be more obvious.

And then is when I'll be proven wrong again.

But vague answers like this means you don't get praise (or line up against the wall and shot), so, June 19.

Get ready for the wall