How’s the stock market?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Went short dow today (sdow @65). Got a little nervous as it went under 60 after market. Futures looking bad currently. This was a suckers rally imo

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Went short dow today (sdow @65). Got a little nervous as it went under 60 after market. Futures looking bad currently. This was a suckers rally imo
edit: wrong chart. you're right , futures look bleak. i would guess that will change with the pending package announcement.

got in on the IMAC train early today and made modest but decent coin, for a slow day in quarantine. came onto it in time, via this guy: https://old.reddit.com/user/mtmtrader/ ..puts out a daily watchlist around 9 am and it usually has some nuggets, if you can catch them.

Last edited:

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I’m making small bets right now. Im holding sdow hopefully for a profit.

i think today’s rally was because of stimulus package. Smells bad to me. What good news is coming. Don’t let the green trick you.

long term I’m looking for re entry long term investments when the market starts making some sense

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
I’m making small bets right now. Im holding sdow hopefully for a profit.

i think today’s rally was because of stimulus package. Smells bad to me. What good news is coming. Don’t let the green trick you.

long term I’m looking for re entry long term investments when the market starts making some sense
I'm more of a swing trader, but will use whatever horizon necessary to secure a profit /minimize a loss. There's a ton of opportunity out there right now and the extraordinary volatility means every time frame has possibilities (particularly with an imminent 2 trillion cash injection).

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm still not comfortable going in now
I bought a little bit right when the crash occurred.

Not enough to really hurt if it goes away.

I bought some MDU at 19.

That is a good price.

It has gone lower but it should go up if things get back to normal.

I like MDU for the dividends. It's been my little workhorse earner over the years.

Even when it wasn't increasing in value the dividends can and automatically bought more stoke.

I kind of what to buy more. But things really do seem kinda [insert adjective] now.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Dead kitty bounce.

The Senate deal was nice but the big thing that will signal the market bottom will be a sustained run of good Coronavirus news. Treatment successes / vaccine progress / dramatically fewer new cases / fewer deaths / etc.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
SPY (the ETF) may run to 275-290s area. if so, that is your chance to take profits (if you have been dip buying), or reduce risk.

this is not over.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
SPY (the ETF) may run to 275-290s area. if so, that is your chance to take profits (if you have been dip buying), or reduce risk.

this is not over.
if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle:D

ASTC was the call of the day for me.