Best Fullsuit?

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
just got a new oneill hyperfreak 4/3 comp zipperless...its the lightest and most stretchy feeling suit I've had to date...it's not as warm as my excel, but the feel and comfort is way better...the material feels like soft blanket...pretty cool stuff, we'll see how long it lasts, I just got rid of a 4/3 flash bomb, that thing started leaking in the lower regions as soon as the second season started..terrible

Reactions: Havoc

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
just got a new oneill hyperfreak 4/3 comp zipperless...its the lightest and most stretchy feeling suit I've had to date...it's not as warm as my excel, but the feel and comfort is way better...the material feels like soft blanket...pretty cool stuff, we'll see how long it lasts, I just got rid of a 4/3 flash bomb, that thing started leaking in the lower regions as soon as the second season started..terrible
1st year with 3/3 hyperfreak front zipper and still holding up great no problems so far and just as flexible as day one.

Reactions: Havoc
Dec 17, 2019
I got a feral with around 100 sessions on it and its starting to fall apart(small tears, flushing, leaking). I wonder if I just got a bad suit?? I always keep it out of the sun and rinse it out. It was the warmest suit I ever had by a long shot. Thinking about trying the premium need essentials suit when it becomes avail again

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
What the options for hooded 5/4s which are as warm as Xcels even when it's windy? My only experience with fancy rubber, Matuse, was not good. It was OK when the sun was shinning but if was cloudy or the wind blows, or both, you would freeze. Also their 4/3 was more like a bad 3/2.

Are the Yamamoto rubber suits more wind resistant?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What the options for hooded 5/4s which are as warm as Xcels even when it's windy? My only experience with fancy rubber, Matuse, was not good. It was OK when the sun was shinning but if was cloudy or the wind blows, or both, you would freeze. Also their 4/3 was more like a bad 3/2.

Most suits are going to be cold when it's windy. There's no way around physics.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

In my opinion yes. Yamamoto repels almost feels like smothie

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Send a 3/2 and 4/3 psycho I's for repair, both out of warranty.

4/3 started a crotch leak and the outer seem stuff was cracking. Returned with new exterior seems and leak fixed. No charge.

3/2 was older and had leaks, tear in thigh, and cracked seems and frayed neck. New front panel installed that includes chest and front leg panels, outer seems repaired, new neck gasket. 45 bucks.

Good deal if you ask me.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Their repair service is top notch. The suits are the best fitting too. Got a new Hyperfreak 3/2+ chest zip in the mail last week. Haven’t worn it in the water yet but tried it on and it’s pretty damn flexible.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Gonna get that next but will probably try zipperless
was pondering the thought but opted not to, have heard the 3/2 and 4/3 comp zipperless run a bit cold for their respective thickness. the + version add an extra .5 and the zipper. not really hindered by the zipper so no problem.

Reactions: silentbutdeadly