How the administration is handling the coronavirus pandemic.....

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
The only analogy I can come up with by putting Pence in charge is when Col. Potter put Major Burns in charge of the MASH unit. (forehead slap here)
Mods, you really need to put that emoticon back.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
He was impeached.

And he has been rendered effectively impotent by his inability to muster a legislative agenda or any consensus between him and the legislature.

Trumby completely lacks credibility and nobody seems to want to work with him.

But tell us more about his clever maneuvering.
Impeached, and acquitted.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah, but he's smart.

That the point that billy wants to make.
Yeah it takes a genius to increase deficit spending by 2.5% of GDP an act like 2.5% GDP growth is some sort of achievement. You have to be well versed in advanced research to browbeat the Fed into keeping rates hilariously ridiculously low instead of just propping up the economy low. It takes a smart person to think Obama's 2.9% GDP growth in his best year (with less deficit spending) is somehow less than Trump's 2.9% GDP growth in his best year.

It's basically the equivalent of saying Lewinsky never blew Clinton because the Senate didn't convict.
But by all means keep arguing with a potato.

It's funny because when the sh!t hits the fan, T will have to let a deep state life long civil servant with some expertise who doesn't bow at trump's knees to try to address the problem.

Or maybe he won't?

Let the place burn?
It's a flu with a 2% death rate, roughly, in China, a country where 50% of the men smoke. I can see it triggering a recession and then popping some debt bubbles, and asshole whore sons like Mnuchin who leveraged subprime auto loans 10-1 will then blame people who made a stupid car purchase for their leveraged gambling and a subset of idiots will eat that up.

But I don't see 'the place' burning.

The saving grace of Trump is that he's a small-time asshole. He's worried about his shitty golf courses. If we had an actual conservative, with actual belief in conservative policy positions, then this would be a risk.

Think of Trump as incompetence, and the rest of the GOP as malice.