DefrostedPooper—DONE

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I think adult learners can benefit from occasionally surfing a longer board. It’ll help learning to use the rails with purpose. And will definitely smooth out choppy style. Those really short wide tail boards seems like the drive is done off the fins and not engaging the rail enough. Just learning floaters and carve downs on a 6’4 or longer helps with fundamentals.
That's what an older Australian guy who ripped was telling me to do many moons ago.
He made me and my friend ride a mid length all day and focus on having purposeful movements. He said we were too twitchy and indecisive. Commit and have confidence in your rail. Helped smooth me out a ton. I might need to do that again actually.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
That's what an older Australian guy who ripped was telling me to do many moons ago.
He made me and my friend ride a mid length all day and focus on having purposeful movements. He said we were too twitchy and indecisive. Commit and have confidence in your rail. Helped smooth me out a ton. I might need to do that again actually.
Agree 100 percent. Mixing it up and riding different boars really can help.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
This is a great question for a shaper. As depressing as it may be, I would love to have my shaper see me surf.
Donny Brink surfs w/ his customers before he makes them a board. He's downsizing his volume to give the customer more attention and detail. I think it's a pretty cool business model. Hope it works out for him.

SharkBoy

Miki Dora status
Oct 22, 2004
I like Deforest, he could approach some of the other erBBr's with a little more humility, but his stoke and progression were undeniable. His progression has mirrored my regression, which is somewhat annoying, but still stoked for him,

redrider

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 8, 2010
Shadowed by Catalina
Visit site
Donny Brink surfs w/ his customers before he makes them a board. He's downsizing his volume to give the customer more attention and detail. I think it's a pretty cool business model. Hope it works out for him.
I surf with my shaper as well. Been on 2 trips with him too. Definitely helps with the custom. It's nice to have boards with a little more volume that I can still engage the rails on. My customs have never been so spot on.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
I think adult learners can benefit from occasionally surfing a longer board. It’ll help learning to use the rails with purpose. And will definitely smooth out choppy style. Those really short wide tail boards seems like the drive is done off the fins and not engaging the rail enough. Just learning floaters and carve downs on a 6’4 or longer helps with fundamentals.
This makes sense☝. My longer board bogs (stretch square one 6’0”)so much on beachbreaks where my stubby GX (5’9”)glides across those flat spots. Same with my fish it just gives you speed right away. Guess i’ll give it a few more tries.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I got my first board in the 5th grade. I will not be posting videos of me surfing lmao
I had this twin baby blue deck with yellow triangles and clear bottom with dark blue checkers oval. I had learned how to pump down line at poles and could kinda do a off the lip. Recently hoping to bring back sweet twin memories with Alpha Omega:)

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I had this twin baby blue deck with yellow triangles and clear bottom with dark blue checkers oval. I had learned how to pump down line at poles and could kinda do a off the lip. Recently hoping to bring back sweet twin memories with Alpha Omega:)
Mine was a MR. I got good enough where I was kicking out of waves then stopped for a good while. Still trying to get back to that level. Frosted poop shreds compared to me :ROFLMAO::cry: