Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It's not hard at all.

Consume less than you burn.

There's all kinds of tricks to make it easier, like cutting out carbs or cutting out animal products that make it to the ultimate goal of losing weight

The hardest part is that for many fat fucks food is an addiction like cigarettes or alcohol, but since it is necessary for survival, total abstinence is not possible.

PS- this article is written by a mathematician who has a problem with the BMI measurement and is presented with a misleading headline. Bravo

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
It gets harder and harder. What I can get fat on now is astounding. And that's with working out like a barbarian. To pull that last 10-15 off I have to live on a few raw veggies and tuna in spring water. It used to be simple. It ain't anymore.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
BMI isn’t used by any medical professionals worth listening to as a measure of health. It’s just a result of what happens when the government gets involved in healthcare.

The only accurate measure of body fat is autopsy.

There are tools used to ascertain a patient’s health status with regards to body fat and and adipose tissue. Height, weight, waist circumference, stated lifestyle, and the eyeball test are all things a healthcare provider can use to consult with client on health status and potential lifestyle changes.

Also, 20% body fat is healthier than single-digit body fat generally.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
It's not hard at all.

There's all kinds of tricks to make it easier, like cutting out carbs or cutting out animal products that make it to the ultimate goal of losing weight

The hardest part is that for many fat fucks food is an addiction like cigarettes or alcohol, but since it is necessary for survival, total abstinence is not possible.

PS- this article is written by a mathematician who has a problem with the BMI measurement and is presented with a misleading headline. Bravo
Pretty simple, the human body is designed to go for extended periods of time without food. Hard to break the chain of food addiction in modern society, once you get over that barrier it becomes liberating,

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It's not hard at all.

according to the WSJ it's very complicated.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I read that yesterday. Not sure why I’m still surprised when a clickbait article in my apple news feed has a headline that has almost nothing to do with the content. Shocker.

Anyways. There’s a lot of talk about “Set Point” theory where your body will fIght to keep you at a certain weight, even if you are supposedly doing everything right. Yes, there is some metabolic adaptation when in a deficit where your body becomes more efficient, but not enough to overcome thermodynamics. For the most part, it’s a theory with minimal evidence to back it up.

What most people don’t realize is whatever you have to do to lose weight, you will probably have to keep doing in order to stay at that weight. Are you going to eat chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice almost every night for dinner for rest of your life? What does exist is a lifestyle set point. If you enjoy a few drinks in the evening, a few more on the weekend, ice cream after dinner, snacking, pizza on Friday nights, etc your waistline and average weight will reflect that. The only way to keep weight off is to give up at least some of those habits permanently, or at best not indulge in them habitually.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It gets harder and harder. What I can get fat on now is astounding. And that's with working out like a barbarian. To pull that last 10-15 off I have to live on a few raw veggies and tuna in spring water. It used to be simple. It ain't anymore.
ADD medicine is your friend.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
Only less than 10% of people that diet actually succeed in losing the weight and keeping it off.
You have to keep up a healthy lifestyle over the long run.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Only less than 10% of people that diet actually succeed in losing the weight and keeping it off.
You have to keep up a healthy lifestyle over the long run.
All the different fad diets, Keto, Carnivore, Atkins, Mediterranean, Intermitent Fasting etc. etc. etc. efficacy is solely due to the persons ability to adhere to it. She people respond well to a diet and don't see it as limiting, resulting in weight loss. It's not the diet that worked, it's the persons ability, be it palette, schedule, etc to stick to it....but at the end of the day it's calories in/out.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I do best when I work out hard first and start to get stronger.

Then I start to crave good food.

If you want to lose fat, you need to lift heavy and eat protein.

It's pretty simple.

--fatso out!