How about that Democrat Debate?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think most people are of the mindset of who gives a sh*t, just anyone to unseat Trump.

To directly answer your question, though, no, I am not particularly enthused by anyone running for election. But that goes back several (all?) election cycles. And I sure as hell wouldn't give any of them a dime.

I get why the fat cats give politicians money - they get something much greater in return. But the average person donating to campaigns? Pure idiocy. They get nothing for it.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I think most people are of the mindset of who gives a sh*t, just anyone to unseat Trump.

To directly answer your question, though, no, I am not particularly enthused by anyone running for election. But that goes back several (all?) election cycles. And I sure as hell wouldn't give any of them a dime.

I get why the fat cats give politicians money - they get something much greater in return. But the average person donating to campaigns? Pure idiocy. They get nothing for it.
Hate the game, not the player(s).

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
they get a moderate either Biden or #ElitePete elected who's not going to tax them more like Warren or eliminate the Health Care Insurance business like Bernie. that's money well spent to preserve their wealth

Reactions: lagunaboy

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
In all seriousness, how else would either party go about narrowing it's field of contenders if not through this process or something similar to it?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
In all seriousness, how else would either party go about narrowing it's field of contenders if not through this process or something similar to it?
The problem the dems have right now is that they have a field with no contenders.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
they get a moderate either Biden or #ElitePete elected who's not going to tax them more like Warren or eliminate the Health Care Insurance business like Bernie. that's money well spent to preserve their wealth
Except neither of those two are electable.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
There are 10 months to go. Trump could get removed from office or suffer a Big Mac Attack before then. If that happened the Dem candidate would win the election. So yeah, the Dems can pick an electable candidate.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
There are 10 months to go. Trump could get removed from office or suffer a Big Mac Attack before then. If that happened the Dem candidate would win the election. So yeah, the Dems can pick an electable candidate.
Say the big mack attack happened, I don't think there is a democrat in the race who could beat Pence who would be the last minute replacement on the ticket.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
There will again be a Democrat president and a Democratic led Senate. Someday. That’s apparently the way it works.