Oceanside Wave Pool -- The Boardroom Show Podcast

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i live nearest to this forthcoming wave pool as compared to anyone else here.

i claim loc status regardless of whether i even dip my little toe into the water.
I predict it won't open.

And if it does open, depending on your financial means, dipping your little toe in the water might be a pipe dream.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
i live nearest to this forthcoming wave pool as compared to anyone else here.

i claim loc status regardless of whether i even dip my little toe into the water.
I call straight-up BS on this. I'm the rightful enforcer of this shitshow based on (goole earth) location only. Back the f up.
Anyone wants a piece of my wave, get it line!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Havoc

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I predict it won't open.

And if it does open, depending on your financial means, dipping your little toe in the water might be a pipe dream.
Not sure I agree with this; a bullshit little Flowrider isn't going to take up the space or cost near as much as a legit wave pool. I could see it being a checkbox on a form with some money allocated and just happening because reasons.

But even a WaveGarden Cove, I'd be way way way more skeptical. Not sure what HOA will be on these places, but pool = HOA and pool with waves in it = energy + HOA.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not sure I agree with this; a bullshit little Flowrider isn't going to take up the space or cost near as much as a legit wave pool. I could see it being a checkbox on a form with some money allocated and just happening because reasons.
If by Flowrider you're referring to WaveLoch - they are two different things.

Has a real WaveLoch even been built?

But even a WaveGarden Cove, I'd be way way way more skeptical. Not sure what HOA will be on these places, but pool = HOA and pool with waves in it = energy + HOA.
Hoa fee would need to be pretty nutz.

Plus the residents would absolutely start acting like locals

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
If by Flowrider you're referring to WaveLoch - they are two different things.

Has a real WaveLoch even been built?
Yes the Flowrider vs actual wave pool being two different things is a big distinction. I didn't feel like I got that clarity out of the podcast or the advertorial I read in the SDUT or whatever, and showing videos of Slater filming himself in his tube in Lemoore and then having a flowrider like the one on a shitty cruise ship sounds right up the Keepin' it Real (Estate) alley is all I'm getting at.

To your question, it sounds like it's very close based on the podcast. The guy was pretty confident there'd be one operational soon, and expected it on the East Coast, and sort of checked himself or worried about giving away info prematurely.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
From listening to the entire podcast a flowrider is not the plan. The guy is a surfer and is saying they are going for the best wave possible.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
One of the two techs he mentioned does not exist as of this typing, unless I am mistaken and it's dropping on Stab, Surfline, and basically everywhere but BeachGrit right now. What that tech's parent company HAS delivered, all over the place, are flowriders, and I can tell what is cheaper between a half assed flowrider and a WaveGarden Cove.

He sounds like a subcontractor to me. He is a surfer. So was Dora. If Dora had to choose between perfection, and underwhelming, getting paid, and f------g right off with his proceeds, 0 fks given, and you think the high road would have been taken...

4 wave pools in Palm Springs and a WaveGarden Cove in Oceanside sure sounds great.

I mean I thought it was cool when I got a free DVD with Kelly, Freddy P, and Quik's junior pro team on the Indies Trader 4 with a helicopter and two skis. Not sure if any of Quik's major shareholders remembered that when they went belly up, but me and my boss sure laughed our asses off about it.

This feels like excess. I remember refreshing my browser hourly in 2006 with barely enough Goldman stock to sell and go on a 2 week centro surf trip, and I was making more money on that pittance's appreciation than actually working. It felt the same way as when I was in California in 2017, I looked at Bitcoin, sat down to take sh!t, shat, wiped, refreshed Blockfolio, and told myself I just took a $1500 sh!t, had a celebratory jackoff, and went and ordered every fkn thing I could find that had "Dungeness crab" in the menu description.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I've maintained that I think it's primarily a ploy to get zoning laws changed.

The writing has been on the wall for decades that Oceanside City Council is ready to sell their souls for the promise of development. This was made clear with the current council again when they approved a bullshit, green washed, fire trap development in the East end of town against community input. Now these kooks couldn't get their Big-Box retail/multi use plan approved, so they've changed course to appeal to the donkeys that have a hard on for playing in the pool in order to distract from their plans.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
I've maintained that I think it's primarily a ploy to get zoning laws changed.

The writing has been on the wall for decades that Oceanside City Council is ready to sell their souls for the promise of development. This was made clear with the current council again when they approved a bullshit, green washed, fire trap development in the East end of town against community input. Now these kooks couldn't get their Big-Box retail/multi use plan approved, so they've changed course to appeal to the donkeys that have a hard on for playing in the pool in order to distract from their plans.
From listening to the Podcast it sounded like the company doing the wave pool development isn't the same as the one that was trying to do the big box retail store development.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Link below says Surf Loch or WaveGarden Cove, only current as of June 2019. I am not sure if Surf Loch or Wave Loch has an actual wave pool; from what I could see it appears to be flowriders and artist renderings. Maybe I searched poorly.

WaveGarden Cove there are videos of.

I'm listening to the podcast now. It reminds me that I just don't really like pocasts/talk radio all that much, but all I've found out so far is the Zephyr guest or whoever the guy is sounds exactly like every person East of I-5 thinks surfers sound like.

Hey, I'm corporate real estate guy, but I'm also a cool surfer guy. So it's all cool because it's about the life style.

You can get a board made and then try it out at the harbor.

NOOOOOO!

My friend and free ride 76 were right. MAbye this isn't a good thing!

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Was like listening to a time share seminar for some fantasy development.Does drinking expensive beer watching people poop stance in weak waves sound fun to anybody?That guy seems to think so.

• Haha
Reactions: Homie

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was walking back through downtown from the train station Thursday night and I smelled the sound of a boom right before a crash.

I could be wrong but I felt it in my bones.

Reactions: Havoc