Vegan influencer comes clean

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
If vegans weren't constantly talking about their fucking vegan diets and heaping scorn on their non-vegan acquaintances and just generally being obsessive about being vegans, nobody anywhere would give a sh!t about veganism or vegans. Every vegan I know that is chill about it is cool; every vegan I know who is vocally obsessive about it is a royal PITA.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Is that a euphemism for something dirty?
A LOT of these Influencers/Coaches/Whatever are just the face of a bunch of similar formulas. The backends are all handled by other people (there's actually a B2B industry built on this). Backend is referring to sales, email campaigns, influencer partnerships, billing, subscriptions, PDF delivery, sales funnels. Basically everything business side that makes money is handled by somebody else. The front end (the pretty photos, stories, content) is all done by the influencer and their team.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
If vegans weren't constantly talking about their fucking vegan diets and heaping scorn on their non-vegan acquaintances and just generally being obsessive about being vegans, nobody anywhere would give a sh!t about veganism or vegans. Every vegan I know that is chill about it is cool; every vegan I know who is vocally obsessive about it is a royal PITA.
I get it. Completely. Those are the worst. I never tell anybody what they should or shouldn't eat.
I don't give a fuck what others eat. It's just food. I don't care about the animals dying either.

Last edited:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Back then I watched a documentary (so cliche) and wanted to try vegetarianism for a month. After that month, meat didn't taste the same to me. It tasted plain, if that makes sense. Or maybe it was predictable. I don't know. Went back to vegetarian/vegan. Like the way I feel after eating a lot of vegetables with some complex carbohydrates.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
As someone who produces food for a living and run our own market food stalls as well as my wife also running a cafe offering Western & Asian food with vegetarian and vegan options I would second this.
We also have the 'town vegan activist' who is an emaciated, dirty guy who sprays spit everywhere when he talks (luckily our food stall has great acrylic sneeze guards over our food warmers) and lectures all and sundry food stalls in a loud voice about veganism. If you have any cute female customers at the time he will automatically try to hit on them. He will then go onto any conspiracy theory going as well as flat earth. He has his own YouTube channel but I have never looked at it.
If the subject turns to surfing he will also tell you good hard he rips. Going on his physical condition I'm somewhat skeptical of his prowess in the water.

Last edited:

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Back then I watched a documentary (so cliche) and wanted to try vegetarianism for a month. After that month, meat didn't taste the same to me. It tasted plain, if that makes sense. Or maybe it was predictable. I don't know. Went back to vegetarian/vegan. Like the way I feel after eating a lot of vegetables with some complex carbohydrates.
which doco?

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Bahhaahah

This thread is a personification of what I said in my post. Lots of non-vegan chiming in.
Been vegetarian/vegan for 6 years - 100% vegetarian but majority of my meals end up being vegan.
You volunteer information about your diet and then complain about people supposedly always wanting to know about what you eat.

Slight disconnect here...

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
So..no eggs, no butter?

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Been vegetarian/vegan for 6 years - 100% vegetarian but majority of my meals end up being vegan. It's weird how interested others are in what I'm eating, what I'm not eating, what I'm lacking, what I should be eating, etc. It's really weird.
it's astounding.
He says in a thread about what vegans are eating...
+1

if no one cared we wouldn't be talking about it. we're not taking about what kind of socks people wear. What bothers me the most is I'm reading and posting on it. WTF does that say about me??

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Humans are highly adaptable.

The killer is over consumption of calories.

Coupled with using tech to avoid hormesis in general.

So meat eaters and non meat eaters are both missing the mark.

Cuz they're all stupid, see. :poop: