“High performance” midlength?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Yea I’m thinking of stamps

Anyone have any other recommendations?

christensen c-bucket will get you close.

I have an Stmps spegg on order (since September :unsure: ) that i asked him to pull the tail in a little bit using a c-bucket for inspiration.

will be my first foray into the mid length world but after riding a friends c-bucket i was convinced it was worth while having something similar in the quiver.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
my stamps spegg is pretty rad, but I'm not performance at all so ymmv

what are the dims if you dont mind me asking? for me I wasnt looking for a performance board either. i have shortboards for that but i was surprised with how snappy something like the c-bucket felt in decent surf. the right person can def get rad with it. was hoping for something similiar with the pulled in spegg.

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
what are the dims if you dont mind me asking? for me I wasnt looking for a performance board either. i have shortboards for that but i was surprised with how snappy something like the c-bucket felt in decent surf. the right person can def get rad with it. was hoping for something similiar with the pulled in spegg.
It's 6'5, and I'll have to check the rest of the dims on the board. It serves as kind of a mid length for me, but some might term it a step up as well....Havocbro...Tim set it up as a five fin option for me..I've surfed it on cruisy chest to head high San O days and it cruises great..very smooth..feels like you can easily gouge a turn too..but I can't do those, lol

Reactions: CutnSnip and Havoc

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
This thing has been so good.
6’10 x 21 x 2 5/8 McNeill round pin twin. For me it’s the perfect balance between midlength & performance. Move to a forward stance and cruise, step back and turn the thing as hard as you dare. I remember one of my first sessions on backhand on hh lefts, cranking it hard off the bottom to a fins out backhand re-entry o_O I‘m stoked doing turns like that on my thruster shortboards!
D50E6954-1F08-475C-81A4-719B17C8DE0A.jpegEBAB0EDD-5893-4BCD-9540-A89920726522.jpeg

Toobz

OTF status
Oct 8, 2013
South Oz.
Haven't you hear Toobz? Gary McNeill is in the doghouse around here.
Wish I had some spare cash...I'd order a 7'2" CV2 in a heartbeat.
Nah I had no idea. I haven’t really been lurking the forums of late. Had a quick look, shitty situation for sure.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
This thing has been so good.
6’10 x 21 x 2 5/8 McNeill round pin twin. For me it’s the perfect balance between midlength & performance. Move to a forward stance and cruise, step back and turn the thing as hard as you dare. I remember one of my first sessions on backhand on hh lefts, cranking it hard off the bottom to a fins out backhand re-entry o_O I‘m stoked doing turns like that on my thruster shortboards!
View attachment 83415View attachment 83416
Gorgeous!

Reactions: Toobz