Has anyone here ever lived in a home worth $1,000,000 or more?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Yeah, grew up in one but it was far, far cheaper when my parents bought it.

Currently? Maybe in a few years, my house will appreciate that much.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There's probably a bunch on here- guys that are older or inherited something that their parents owned that's now worth a million solely due to California's insanely inflated real estate market

It's simply not worth it to live here

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There's probably a bunch on here- guys that are older or inherited something that their parents owned that's now worth a million solely due to California's insanely inflated real estate market

It's simply not worth it to live here
Yes it is.

With the exception of Hawaii, everywhere else in America is a massive downgrade. Even if you're paying $20,000 for an 8 bedroom place in Tulsa, you're still in Oklahoma.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yes it is.

With the exception of Hawaii, everywhere else in America is a massive downgrade. Even if you're paying $20,000 for an 8 bedroom place in Tulsa, you're still in Oklahoma.
Not really. So what, we have surf? Decent weather? Those two things are not worth all of the rest of the downsides.

The overpopulation itself cancels out both of those, not to mention the rest of the dumpster fire going on

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Grew up in one that was eventually worth 1.2 currently

After I college I lived with a generous trustfunder in beverly hills for a few years. that house was probably north of 5 mil.

right now i rent a shitty 2,000 dollar apartment in hollywood while i save to buy an overpriced condo somewhere in central LA>

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
We’re the First owner of our attached home we bought in ‘89 for $320k. The 5th or 6th buyers of the home attached to ours paid $1.3 million for their half a coupe of years ago. We have white water view with fairly uninterrupted views from La Jolla to O’side. The attached home across the street is now presently listed for $1.8 million... claims they declined a $1.5m offer. (Damned spell check)

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I inherited the 2 bedroom apartment I grew up in.

I think it's worth €50,000

Enough to buy a bare bones Sprinter and go #vanlife.

Unless Trump drives the dollar into the ground, in which case I can afford a 4x4

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Yes it is.

I got to agree with this.

The year I lived in CA made me appreciate it even more. The cities seem like they would suck to live in, but that's true in any state. Some of the other areas are some of the best places to live in the country. Huge mountains, good surf, good weather, there is job opportunity if you know where to look and have the right skills. Seriously considering a transfer in the next few years now that I am with a good company.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not really. So what, we have surf? Decent weather? Those two things are not worth all of the rest of the downsides.

The overpopulation itself cancels out both of those, not to mention the rest of the dumpster fire going on
And we have mountains, deserts, snowboarding, hiking, biking, etc.

It doesn't rain constantly or inflict massive humidity to the point where it's not even fun to go outside and partake in those activities. There's a reason a lot of people's daily delight in those other areas is mowing their lawn.

Traffic is bad but it's ephemeral. I surf alone the vast majority of the time. I moved to a place that had good schools, minimal crime (mostly punk kids coming from the $2-20M home areas), and virtually no homeless issues. So yeah, not experiencing any said dumpster fire.

If you're experiencing huge downsides to living in Southern California that make it not worth living here, that reflects the choices you made.

I might suggest a winter in North Dakota or Indiana to realign your perspective.

Reactions: FecalFace

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

The year I lived in CA made me appreciate it even more. The cities seem like they would suck to live in, but that's true in any state. Some of the other areas are some of the best places to live in the country. Huge mountains, good surf, good weather, there is job opportunity if you know where to look and have the right skills. Seriously considering a transfer in the next few years now that I am with a good company.
Grass is greener I guess.

Then again, I just paid my mortgage online so that will give you the attitude I have

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

How are you going to be able to handle being so far away from GromsDad?:confused:

Or is ifallalot your new crush?:love:

Bigger question is will Fecal let you have him? Can we livestream the catfight here?

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc and Ifallalot