Barron can’t be made a Baron.....but keeping kids is cages is totally fine.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
The whole "woke" thing jumped the shark years ago. Most of the people still using the term are post middle aged white nerds trying to sound hip and relevant. Kind of like your grandpa using "groovy" in 1980.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Angry
Reactions: Woke AF

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Keep pretending there wasn't a change in policy just to be a dick to desperate people because they're not white.
I'm in favor of closing loopholes that the illegals and their advocates are attempting to use to game the system. That exploitation of the loophole is a dick move, too. That makes it dick vs dick.

Moreover, the clampdown on the exploitation of that loophole seems to have been of effect on some of it's attempted usage.

Winning.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I'm in favor of closing loopholes that the illegals and their advocates are attempting to use to game the system. That exploitation of the loophole is a dick move, too. That makes it dick vs dick.

Moreover, the clampdown on the exploitation of that loophole seems to have been of effect on some of it's attempted usage.

Winning.
yes, concentration camps and caging kids are always winning.

For Nazi's!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Here's an actual news article:

He likely had never been to see a doctor in his life (so no health history), was feeling unwell, and given Tamiflu.

Along with probably 20 other people that day of the same ilk.

What would you have done different?

I don't think you understand what the medical team is dealing with.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Here's an actual news article:

He likely had never been to see a doctor in his life (so no health history), was feeling unwell, and given Tamiflu.

Along with probably 20 other people that day of the same ilk.

What would you have done different?

I don't think you understand what the medical team is dealing with.
Just in case anyone didn't click the link onewhoknows linked an aggregated headline from MSN that came via Thrillist via NowThis

Thrillist: https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/most-popular-gifs-2019-giphy

NowThis: https://nowthisnews.com/news/man-collects-human-fingernails-so-people-stop-killing-rhinos

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
It will never be OK to mischaracterize Mexican and Central American contributions to our society. It will never be OK to mistreat persons seeking a better life for themselves or their families by working in our country.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
It will never be OK to mischaracterize Mexican and Central American contributions to our society. It will never be OK to mistreat persons seeking a better life for themselves or their families by working in our country.
but it's ok to jail them for profit?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Our borders, our choice. Not theirs'. We are not obliged to submit to their manipulations of our immigration policies. We are especially not obliged to catch-n-release. The aspiring illegals need to know before they go, and then assume the personal responsibility that goes with their choices. Same for the visa overstays. We probably need to give more scrutiny to visa applications.

And yeah, if we consider this to be a temporary problem then it makes sense to not expand the federal payroll with all those career employees and their benefits packages. Hiring, training and equipping and managing employees is expensive.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Regarding the fingernail story Ifallalot linked....

Back around May 1990, a friend of mine called and asked me for something personal from so she could make some art for a show.

"It can be anything....I will need in in two months or sooner."

As life would have it, just before she called, I was about to trim my toenails and fingernails, and after the call, well, I knew what I would give her.

So from then on, and every two weeks thereafter for the next two months, clipped my nails and saved them.

When I gave them to her in a pill bottle, she dumped out the contents in her palm, looked at me with puzzlement and said, "Fingernails?"

"And toenails."

"Someone gave me a hair clipping, but other people have given me objects like family photo or jewelry...fingernails...and toenails." A mild exhalation followed.

"I am sure you can make something clever with this personal item. Just invite me to the show."

A month later, get an invite to the show.

My contribution were sewn into the cover of a book she had made.

I can't for the life of me remember the title of the book, nor what point my keratin was supposed to be making, if any.

I should call her up and ask.

"Hey, I just brought up your 1990 summer Masters exhibition at CCAC in a surfing forum and I was wondering, that book with my finger and toenails on the cover that you made....what was the title of that book?"

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Our borders, our choice. Not theirs'. We are not obliged to submit to their manipulations of our immigration policies.

And yeah, if we consider this to be a temporary problem then it makes sense to not expand the federal payroll with all those career employees and their benefits packages.
their benefits packages are larger cause a government salary is damn low compared to the private sector

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
When is it okay to break the law? Please be specific.

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
When is it okay to break the law? Please be specific.
When the law says that you, an American born American citizen, must report to a detention center in Manzanar because you’re of Japanese ancestry