Biden, striking while the iron is hot

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
I appreciate Trump hassling the euros ( a little). Obama's World Apology Tour really pissed off. I haven't cared what they think of America for ... well, ever.
This view is quite frankly stupid. That is like saying in a business you don't care about your partners and customers. Good luck in a global economy. Good luck with global issues like terrorism and climate change. Isolationism is not an option in 2019. Not to say we should be the world's policeman either but thousands and thousands of people have put in millions of hours of strategic relationship building. Destroy it all? How can you all say we are the greatest country on Earth but not recognize how we got here? Flush it all down the toilet?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
How about the economy is the best it’s been in 50 years? If you aren’t happy with that then fook YOU
How about fraud universities and stealing from Vets and cancer kids?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This view is quite frankly stupid. That is like saying in a business you don't care about your partners and customers. Good luck in a global economy. Good luck with global issues like terrorism and climate change. Isolationism is not an option in 2019. Not to say we should be the world's policeman either but thousands and thousands of people have put in millions of hours of strategic relationship building. Destroy it all? How can you all say we are the greatest country on Earth but not recognize how we got here? Flush it all down the toilet?
Isolationism is always an option. It doesn't mean withdrawing from the global economy either. Not only do we not need to be the world's policeman but we don't need to be the world's doormat either.

Kowtowing to the Euros is like celebrities apologizing to impotent screamers on Twitter

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Isolationism is always an option. It doesn't mean withdrawing from the global economy either. Not only do we not need to be the world's policeman but we don't need to be the world's doormat either.

Kowtowing to the Euros is like celebrities apologizing to impotent screamers on Twitter
Much better to kowtow to the Russians, right comrade?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
There's a balance to be struck in these relationships, and changing that point of balance does not necessarily amount to blowing it up. There's no such thing as an entitlement or a unconditional relationship among nations, so past performance cannot be assumed to predict future performance.

What have you done for us lately, and vice-versa. If the EU aspires to be a competitor then by all means, let's compete.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold

What gave you the impression we were the world's doormat? We are not a victim. Some would have you believe we are to get votes. Having good relationships the the leaders of some of our strongest allies is not kowtowing. We usually run the show.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
There's a balance to be struck in these relationships, and changing that point of balance does not necessarily amount to blowing it up. There's no such thing as an entitlement or a unconditional relationship among nations, so past performance cannot be assumed to predict future performance.

What have you done for us lately, and vice-versa. If the EU aspires to be a competitor then by all means, let's compete.
What was the imbalance? If there really was one, changing it through negotiation is how it is done. What is happening is blowing up relationships. Do you not hear what is coming out of the State Department? Or are those all just deep state clerks? Why are all those world leaders laughing at him? Because he is skillfully re-calibrating our imbalances?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Because "orange man bad" is the idiocy that pretty much sums up the vast majority of anit-Trump sentiment.
So both you and ifailalot criticize Trump (lol) but you don't belong to "orange man bad" team.

That's weird.

I love the notion that none of "orange man bad" is Trump's own doing. It's just a made up libtard hysteria, right?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I appreciate Trump hassling the euros ( a little). Obama's World Apology Tour really pissed off. I haven't cared what they think of America for ... well, ever.
Diplomacy = apology
Being an uncooperative asshole = winning

Did you know that petiness is 100% FEELZ?

So fucking dumb.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Amazing that so many people will watch a tv ad and based on that say, “he’s my guy!”

As for the ad itself...

“...vote for me because it’s in the interest of foreign leaders to have a compliant president so they can go back to milking us!”
you gleaned this from the ad, but considered it a stretch to label Stephen Miller
a racist based on his words and actions.

brilliant

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
you gleaned this from the ad, but considered it a stretch to label Stephen Miller
a racist based on his words and actions.

brilliant
I don’t consider it a stretch that the creep could be racist. I just pointed out that there’s no evidence of it in the NPR story.

As for the ad, it’s based entirely on the point that world leaders don’t like Trump and implies that they would like Biden better.

My opinion (and the opinion of many) is that Europe’s dislike for Trump doesn’t move the needle.