Dan's having - Fun

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have a shaper who has me cut something very similar to your above photo. Tons of tail rocker. Have to reverse the blank and place the tail in the nose of the blank. Step bottom behind the fins and the fins are way up from the tail. He swears they work.
As someone rides a lot of very different boards I can assure you that pretty much anything works.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Dan states he's doing different in many ways , including this fin placement .

Its part of his story here .

As a long time board builder knowing many others you should be able to know the effects of such a placement .

Oh wait ! Your an Errber . Nuff said - ;-)

Dan is in a great place being part of Firewire , I'm tying to convince another to join to have a similar experience .

Hope your helping someone too .

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
2:06

pay attention
No fins made it nearly impossible to see placement and he says placement is important, just like any shaper should say.

So nothing really to agree or disagree with other than he makes good looking boards. To that we agree, or do you agree?

Reactions: Aruka

surfwhere

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 5, 2008
Norf Cackalacka
Visit site
Dan states he's doing different in many ways , including this fin placement .

Its part of his story here .

As a long time board builder knowing many others you should be able to know the effects of such a placement .

Oh wait ! Your an Errber . Nuff said - ;-)

Dan is in a great place being part of Firewire , I'm tying to convince another to join to have a similar experience .

Hope your helping someone too .
Firewire is the Thai version of T&C, no difference. You had fun at T&C.