Mexican cartels seize the avocado industry...

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do realize you are debating someone with an MS in Nutritional Sciences from Berkeley, Ag sustainability at Davis, did extensive work and my thesis on the effects of mitochondreal physiology with plant based diets while at Bastyr where I ] taught. I'm well versed on the subject.
Appeal to authority! What's wrong, you can't debate the actual points I made, so you fall back on your "credentials"?

As long as we are playing that game . . . Do you realize you are debating with someone with an MS in Horticulture, certified pest control adviser, and a decade plus of working in various cropping systems, including organics? Beat it troll.

Reactions: bigtuna and Havoc

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Mexican Mafia has been involved in the Avo industry for a long time. Especially here in CA.
In-laws ranch and surrounding groves were getting raked annually. Right when they thought they had a good crop to pick, gone! Their dog was shot left for dead. Trees gone bare overnight. It’s been 20 years, but has subsided on their prop a lot because they were able to tighten up fencing.They’ve gotten away from the Avo and into other things. Too stressful to deal with. It’ll just get worse as time goes on. Weed industry is probably hurting them so they just switched to Avo.
1 A guy I work with grew up in India. His family has run farms for generations. He tells family stories of way back when about marriage arrangements set up to the further/cement the family farm mosaic of the area and how it still sort of happens. Anyway, throughout this time, there are stories about crops getting stolen from the fields, from the warehouses, of crops being poisoned by cross region rivalries, etc. So apparently crime and crop goes together just like banks and brokers.

2 Legal weed certainly must be hitting them in the pocketbook....I mean, wasn't one of the selling points of legal dope "...and we take the crime off the street that is associated with the drug trade."

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why would I troll about what I do? Please email me at willmarero@gmail.com if you would like a free printed information or E-packet from the organization I participate in. If you live in the San Diego area, join us at one of our meetings at the Animal Protection & Rescue League for further education on the matter. I am a former Board member and an active participant. We will host a VegGiving event this Friday at Santa Clara Recreation Center from 11:30AM - 3pm. It will be 100% pot-luck and free for everyone who brings an homemade and organic Animal Free dish for others to enjoy. Live music and fun demonstrations will be ongoing. The event will be followed by a beach cleanup from Mission Jetty to Pacific Beach Drive. Pass it on to your friends and join us.
Farming for plant based foods kills far more animals than eating animals does.

Also, there isn’t enough farmable land on Earth to feed us all on a vegan diet.

Also a vegan diet is unhealthy without supplementation.

Also, raising children on a vegan diet is bad for their health.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Do realize you are debating someone with an MS in Nutritional Sciences from Berkeley, Ag sustainability at Davis, did extensive work and my thesis on the effects of mitochondreal physiology with plant based diets while at Bastyr where I ] taught. I'm well versed on the subject.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
2 Legal weed certainly must be hitting them in the pocketbook....I mean, wasn't one of the selling points of legal dope "...and we take the crime off the street that is associated with the drug trade."
Going after the resulting munchies (chips and guac) was clearly the next step. Wait until they take over the Girl Scout Cookie market. It's only a matter of time.

Reactions: Beerbelly

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Appeal to authority! What's wrong, you can't debate the actual points I made, so you fall back on your "credentials"?

As long as we are playing that game . . . Do you realize you are debating with someone with an MS in Horticulture, certified pest control adviser, and a decade plus of working in various cropping systems, including organics? Beat it troll.
I had no idea so many smart people post here

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Farming for plant based foods kills far more animals than eating animals does.

Also, there isn’t enough farmable land on Earth to feed us all on a vegan diet.

Also a vegan diet is unhealthy without supplementation.

Also, raising children on a vegan diet is bad for their health.
Whether we eat meat or not, there are just too many people-animals. Mother Nature knows that and she will fix it. And she will be a total bitch about it.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I believe there is. Come to think of it, I think I've gotten that strain before.
Kento, you and I are going to have to do a scientific test. You do lots of weed but no sugar. I do no weed, but like candy and ice cream.

We'll see who dies first. No point in testing cognitive ability, as neither of us are measurable

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Kento, you and I are going to have to do a scientific test. You do lots of weed but no sugar. I do no weed, but like candy and ice cream.

We'll see who dies first. No point in testing cognitive ability, as neither of us are measurable
It's on. (y)

Wait, wait, no sugar means no booze either, right?

The test is off! :ROFLMAO: