Mexican cartels seize the avocado industry...

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Mexican Mafia has been involved in the Avo industry for a long time. Especially here in CA.
In-laws ranch and surrounding groves were getting raked annually. Right when they thought they had a good crop to pick, gone! Their dog was shot left for dead. Trees gone bare overnight. It’s been 20 years, but has subsided on their prop a lot because they were able to tighten up fencing.They’ve gotten away from the Avo and into other things. Too stressful to deal with. It’ll just get worse as time goes on. Weed industry is probably hurting them so they just switched to Avo.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If I read the article right it was an explanation of the reach of organized criminal elements in every day life. If you do business, with very few exceptions, you pay. People that substance fish out of pangas pay 1,000 pesos a week and then pay 15% on what they catch and sell. Or else they shoot you like they shot 2 guys that lived in front of us in town last Friday.

This guy

ran the show up in Michoacán. They got a piece of everything. The place where they trained the comando guys is about a mile from our house. With nothing in between but bush.
So they didn't want to pay?

I wonder how long it takes of not paying before they come kill you.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

Not sure if this is the case with the poster, but there used to be organized avocado theft. Which is why a lot of groves have high tech security.

Now you have trouble simply paying people to pick them legally, so I'm not sure if criminals are even bothering with it anymore.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Nobody wants to pay.

In their case the second visit one guy got shot in the hand as a warning shot, third trip they shot a guy in the head because they didn’t understand the second visit. This was over 10 days.

MitchellC

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 28, 2016
I believe it. Something about the Spanish, something really fcking dark.
The Spanish? It might be helpful if you studied a little bit of history, as well as researched some basic components of human psychology, especially master-slave relationships.

For example:
1. The Opium wars - won by the British. Forced the Chinese to cede Hong Kong, and allow shipments of opium from GB's Indian colonies.

2. Belgian Congo - recalcitrant workers had their hands cut off if they refused to work.

These are just two mere examples, but you could build a library based on the inevitable outcomes when power is unevenly matched.

With respect to Spaniards, they came from a region which had been fighting the Moors (Moslems) for centuries. No quarter was asked nor expected. The typical result if one were captured by the Moors was to be enslaved as a galley oarsmen; if you were lucky.

Imagine their frame of mind when the Spanish engaged illiterate, unsophisticated stone age savages? They naturally went ape sh!t crazy, fvcking everything, stealing everything, and pretty much having their way until they were completely exhausted.

It's what people do - it's how the bald ape is genetically programmed. It doesn't matter if it was ancient Egyptians or modern day sports stars. Given an unequal power relationship, those in control will let loose every primeval instinct until stopped.

Mexico is the natural result of this dynamic. Same is true throughout S America, Africa, India (caste system anyone - LOL regarding its "prohibition"), China (Chicom party body parts harvesting anyone?). Europe isn't immune either - consider what happened to native Anglos when William conquered England. Same true for French and Russian royalty - people go crazy with power/blood lust when they hold absolute control.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I believe it. Something about the Spanish, something really fcking dark.
It wasn’t all rainbows and free unicorn rides before the Spanish showed up, but yeah. Back then there was a feudal tribute system (along with the sacrifice of young virgins) that was the same trickle up deal that politics have been about here.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The Spanish? It might be helpful if you studied a little bit of history, as well as researched some basic components of human psychology, especially master-slave relationships.

For example:
1. The Opium wars - won by the British. Forced the Chinese to cede Hong Kong, and allow shipments of opium from GB's Indian colonies.

2. Belgian Congo - recalcitrant workers had their hands cut off if they refused to work.

These are just two mere examples, but you could build a library based on the inevitable outcomes when power is unevenly matched.

With respect to Spaniards, they came from a region which had been fighting the Moors (Moslems) for centuries. No quarter was asked nor expected. The typical result if one were captured by the Moors was to be enslaved as a galley oarsmen; if you were lucky.

Imagine their frame of mind when the Spanish engaged illiterate, unsophisticated stone age savages? They naturally went ape sh!t crazy, fvcking everything, stealing everything, and pretty much having their way until they were completely exhausted.

It's what people do - it's how the bald ape is genetically programmed. It doesn't matter if it was ancient Egyptians or modern day sports stars. Given an unequal power relationship, those in control will let loose every primeval instinct until stopped.

Mexico is the natural result of this dynamic. Same is true throughout S America, Africa, India (caste system anyone - LOL regarding its "prohibition"), China (Chicom party body parts harvesting anyone?). Europe isn't immune either - consider what happened to native Anglos when William conquered England. Same true for French and Russian royalty - people go crazy with power/blood lust when they hold absolute control.
You do any research on the Irish?

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal

For example:

talk about Cherry Picking history. :ROFLMAO:
Explaining away 1000's of years of cultural and human interaction/development w/ two aspects and saying that is what has caused the manifestation modern Mexico. Another simpleton who understands the world by saying humans are inherently bad.
Also who has never experienced a Spanish female.

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 29, 2019
yes but you are missing the point. That at some point the citizenry turned a blind-eye or felt helpless to corruption and the rule of law. That is a form of acceptance which has lead to the gov losing it's power and legitimacy.
only European colonization can fix Mexico because they sure can’t do themselves.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I'm guessing cops aren't really arresting people for hauling and slinging 50 pallets of avocados down there with the other stuff going on. Less risk, lots of money. Cartel aren't a bunch of dum dumz.

Nov 8, 2019
As long as we all have a healthy supply of animal-free options this is fine by me. I will NEVER pay someone to hold animals prisoner, defile their bodies and then take their lives. Any suffering by a small handful of human beings pales in comparison to the BILLIONS of animals tortured, raped and MURDERED every year! There are only two options: continue to fund mass animal suffering or stop paying for the need to feed on dead animal bodies, which have been PROVEN in scientific studies to cause illness and death and contribute to climate change among other things, unlike "knowledge" acquired from animal agriculture industry marketing slogans which aren't based on science or fact.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
As long as we all have a healthy supply of animal-free options this is fine by me. I will NEVER pay someone to hold animals prisoner, defile their bodies and then take their lives. Any suffering by a small handful of human beings pales in comparison to the BILLIONS of animals tortured, raped and MURDERED every year! There are only two options: continue to fund mass animal suffering or stop paying for the need to feed on dead animal bodies, which have been PROVEN in scientific studies to cause illness and death and contribute to climate change among other things, unlike "knowledge" acquired from animal agriculture industry marketing slogans which aren't based on science or fact.
Troll fail.

• Haha
Reactions: nowayout

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
How many handles does fecal have?

Nov 8, 2019
Troll fail.
Why would I troll about what I do? Please email me at willmarero@gmail.com if you would like a free printed information or E-packet from the organization I participate in. If you live in the San Diego area, join us at one of our meetings at the Animal Protection & Rescue League for further education on the matter. I am a former Board member and an active participant. We will host a VegGiving event this Friday at Santa Clara Recreation Center from 11:30AM - 3pm. It will be 100% pot-luck and free for everyone who brings an homemade and organic Animal Free dish for others to enjoy. Live music and fun demonstrations will be ongoing. The event will be followed by a beach cleanup from Mission Jetty to Pacific Beach Drive. Pass it on to your friends and join us.