Vindman and family have to relocate due to threats to their lives

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Death threats on the internet are a daily thing. They're only taken seriously when they can have an agenda attached to them

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
are we counting making arguments about an ill-advised and hasty retreat
from Syria as "interventionism"?
That, and every other foreign policy decision made since January 2017.

Your ilk has no ideology anymore, just opposition to Trump.

Remember fighting against endless wars? Pepperidge Farms remembers

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Critical of hasty retreat (methods)= WARMONGER LIBERAL NEO CON!
Yes. Own it

Otherwise we're still continuing the misguided "nation-building" policies that are the hallmark of neocon thought. The same policies that never change hearts and minds, ensure endless war, and rake in defense contractor cash

WWII ended the Great Depression in the US. Even though the rest of the industrialized world was in shambles at the end of the WWII, and the US manufacturing base was able to pick up the slack, the Cold War ensured that the whole economy stayed on a mobilized war economy, creating an economic engine for when the rest of the world's manufacturing caught back up. When the Cold War ended, there was not as much of a defined enemy yet the neocons were able to sell the idea of continual sphere of influence nation building through other means. And here we are today.

I don't blame you all for being terrified of destabilization in shitholes unrelated to the US, we've had 75 years of programming to believe that our hegemony worldwide is the only thing keeping us stable here, when in fact it does the opposite.

Reactions: Kento

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
You mischaracterizing my beliefs.

For me it's a methods issue. You are framing it as an outcome issue which its not for me.

Short term over reaction is a shitty strategy.

Trump will not fix anything.

You want slow small meaningful change over the long term.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You mischaracterizing my beliefs.

For me it's a methods issue. You are framing it as an outcome issue which its not for me.

Short term over reaction is a shitty strategy.

Trump will not fix anything.

You want slow small meaningful change over the long term.
No, I'm just ilking you

Slow meaningful change, when it comes to foreign occupations, is impossible. On the homefront, yes, you are correct. But the only course of action on imperialism is to end it.

Trump isn't supposed to fix anything. He is a means to an end

lagunaboy

Michael Peterson status
Apr 24, 2017
No, I'm just ilking you

Slow meaningful change, when it comes to foreign occupations, is impossible. On the homefront, yes, you are correct. But the only course of action on imperialism is to end it.

Trump isn't supposed to fix anything. He is a means to an end
Did he campaign on that? Does that translate to “lock her up” (i.e. misogyny) and “build that wall” (i.e. xenophobic racism). Because that’s what Trump ran on. That’s who elected Trump.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

Mundus posted a leftist rag article which said Vindman is considering relocating his family for their security. Mundus instead claimed that Vindman IS moving because he received threats from the right.

I pointed out that Mundus' article does not say Vindman is moving, and challenged Mundus to produce verifiable evidence that someone on the right threatened Vindman's family. You responded with four articles which parrot the title article's claim that Vindman, for some reaso,n is considering moving. All of your articles come from the usual suspects, a media which is saturated with leftists like you.

Again, please supply us with verifiable evidence that Vindman's family was threatened from the right. Otherwise this is just more of Vindman's fake temper tantrum.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
That, and every other foreign policy decision made since January 2017.

Your ilk has no ideology anymore, just opposition to Trump.

Remember fighting against endless wars? Pepperidge Farms remembers
#ifallalot

ilking is black and white thinking

what if it was revealed that Trump kowtowed to Erdogan because he
held something over Trump's head and/or for personal gain.

would that change your position on this hasty withdrawal?

Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
#ifallalot

Like what?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
#ifallalot

Trump already admitted he had conflicts of interest due to propperties in Turkey. Also no troops were withdrawn from Syria, just moved around so Erdogan can attack our allies the kurds. Mr Noninterventionist Trump sent more tropps to Saudi Arabia as well.