Vitamin B12 Deficiency

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Not deficient, but I just started taking it too about 2 weeks ago. Mom and sister take it and said it helps the stress levels a bit as they've gotten to be older adults. I'll report back in a month.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Anyone have this? Just started taking supplements

What's your experience?
I’ve take a sublingual 5000 mcg B12 every morning (Costco). I experienced “Nutritional derangement due to deficiencies of vitamin B12 after a malabsorptive bariatric procedure”. I can’t tell the difference physically or mentally. B12 levels are now where they should be (perhaps on the high side) according to blood panels. John

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I had low levels identified from a blood screen. Been chasing around the cause of headaches and dizziness for about a year and a half. They think it’s a form of a migraine. Doc told me to start taking b12 since my levels are low. I am actually tired a lot and have low energy so I hope it helps. I’ve just heard it takes time. Just curious to hear about people’s experiences here.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I got b12 injections a lot of years ago
Deficiency may have been related to undiagnosed celiac
I had Migraines even more years ago, but they got better. Haven’t had one in decades

Reactions: JBerry

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
well I've been due for another blood screen for awhile but I put it on hold due to covid. I should probably get that going and get back to the neurologist.

edit: this discovery was made through a two year process of hunting down head issues that ended up being migraines.
So does this mean we are going to wait 2 years to find out which coffee maker you decided on?

j/k best of luck getting this worked out

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
I take it due to due celiac diagnoses a few years back. I had hand tremors, bunch of weird symptoms. It took 2 yrs to diagnose. End result is no gluten, no milk products. Take a lot of methyl b12. Sublingual. Issue fixed. It was a weird time. I thought I had Parkinson’s. Sucked.

Reactions: JBerry