How big of a threat is "climate change" to you and your family?

In the grander scheme of things, how big of a treat is "climate change" to you and your family?

• 0 - No Threat At All

• 9 - Major Threat

Results are only viewable after voting.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
The "hysteria" is not about predicting the future. There are plenty of current events that show that we are already experiencing climate change. And if we do not want these conditions to worsen, then we should act now.
For a moment lets assume there are

"plenty of current events that show that we are already experiencing climate change"

Are these things worthy of any hysteria or more than a minor footnote in the grander scheme of things? Hell no. You're more likely to die from your dog licking your face than the climate getting you.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
For a moment lets assume there are

"plenty of current events that show that we are already experiencing climate change"

Are these things worthy of any hysteria or more than a minor footnote in the grander scheme of things? Hell no. You're more likely to die from your dog licking your face than the climate getting you.
Using your opinion as an argument.

From the CoverPNAS Plus: Biological annihilation via the ongoing sixth mass extinction signaled by vertebrate population losses and declines

Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction

https://www.uv.mx/personal/tcarmona/files/2010/08/Science-2014-Dirzo-401-6-2.pdf

Some would say that the 6th mass extinction is apocalyptic.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Nothing on this Earth will ever be more than a minor footnote compared to the Universe.

Climate change is already a big deal. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean it isn't. Lol

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Nothing on this Earth will ever be more than a minor footnote compared to the Universe.

Climate change is already a big deal. Just because you don't care, doesn't mean it isn't. Lol
What do you recommend? If everyone on the erBB cared as much as you would that be enough?

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
Please abandon your car wherever it is. Don't drive another mile. Turn off your heat and electricity too. Do your part to save the planet Utoma.
Typical argument fallacy.

Changing the question to ask what I've done, and criticizing what I can do to prove I'm behind my beliefs.

Setting aside that the climate change crisis is such a huge problem, we would need our government to enact change, so the change can have a meaningful impact.

The majority of polluters in the world are done by large corporations.

Individually: I would recommend trying to carpool, or use public transport. Recycle, re-purpose, and re-use. Try to use less electricity when possible. Wear less in the summer; wear more in the winter, even when you're inside. Try eating less carbon footprint heavy foods, but most importantly:
I recommend you vote for people that 1. believe in climate change. and 2. want to work toward setting a climate change goal for pollution/emissions, etc. because in order to get large change, we need laws and regulation, and public funding into green tech.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.

Changing the question to ask what I've done, and criticizing what I can do to prove I'm behind my beliefs.

Setting aside that the climate change crisis is such a huge problem, we would need our government to enact change, so the change can have a meaningful impact.

Individually: I would recommend trying to carpool, or use public transport. Recycle, re-purpose, and re-use. Try to use less electricity when possible. Wear less in the summer; wear more in the winter, even when you're inside. Try eating less carbon footprint heavy foods, but most importantly:
I recommend you vote for people that 1. believe in climate change. and 2. want to work toward setting a climate change goal for pollution/emissions, etc. because in order to get large change, we need laws and regulation, and public funding into green tech.
What a bunch of hypocritical horse sh!t. You want government to impose on others what you won’t do in your own life in the name of your pet issue.

utoma

Nep status
Apr 19, 2019
What a bunch of hypocritical horse sh!t. You want government to impose on others what you won’t do in your own life in the name of your pet issue.
If that's what you got from what I said, you're a lost cause.

Only the government can enact the large changes we need. Corporations make up the majority of carbon pollution. And the government can also help fund green tech.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

What do you recommend? If everyone on the erBB cared as much as you would that be enough?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Individually: I would recommend trying to carpool, or use public transport. Recycle, re-purpose, and re-use. Try to use less electricity when possible. Wear less in the summer; wear more in the winter, even when you're inside. Try eating less carbon footprint heavy foods.
Myself, I already do much of that listed above, except maybe less "carbon footprint heavy foods" i.e. beef, pork, chicken, etc. I love to BBQ that stuff, along with fish. I work entirely at home, so my carbon footprint is probably smaller than yours, but do I really care to rub it in your face? I could, but everyone has the freedom to do what they want, when the want without being eco-shamed for it.

but most importantly:
These are the people you want us to vote for?
They supposedly do all of what you just spouted off.......

Except walk the walk when it comes to reducing so called "carbon footprints".

The hypocrisy of these leftist "do as I say, not as I do-gooders" is pretty comical and the reason why few take them seriously on any AGW claims of doom and gloom.

Why don't they at least share a jet, or hell, dare I say fly in coach with the rest of us carbon eco-pigs.

Another bit of AGW hypocrisy is all the private flights to these assorted cushy resort city "Climate Summits" a few times each year now it seems. I've read that just ONE private jet flight for ONE person from the USA to some French Rivera resort town these "summits" are usually held at creates as much a carbon footprint as an ENTIRE family does in ONE WHOLE YEAR.

If the average persons lifestyle is so deathly dire to our planets "survival" why do all these so-called green minded politicos spew more carbon in one day than most do in a year or 2?

Why don't they at least walk the walk like little Greta did and take a sail boat to the UN Climate Summit? Or take a train, or van pool in a hybrid? No ones going to miss them back home anyway if it takes a bit longer. :p

That's what THEY keep preaching US to do.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010

Does your congressperson read your posts here on the erBB? If not, fire off an email and tell them they should. You can invest your own money in green tech. Set an example.

Posted using solar power as my energy source