It has been said that "stupid lasts forever"

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
not always. today I had bad style because my back was aching (spasms...never had them before). I was surfing like a hunched over old man....oh wait, I am an old man. damn.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
i think that explains kooks surfing daily for years

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I think you can forgive many things in the surfing, but not bad style. Poo stance is one, but some of the worst are the dudes doing little twitchy 'turns' that move 5 degrees either way thinking they're ripping like pros.

Yesterday, I saw a guy with long hair and a front-zip wetsuit jacket riding a wavestorm. He squatted on every take-off, then stood straight up and put both arms straight into the air. He did it repeatedly. I almost wanted to watch because it was so bad, but every time I did I threw up a little.

Reactions: Chocki

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I think you can forgive many things in the surfing, but not bad style. Poo stance is one, but some of the worst are the dudes doing little twitchy 'turns' that move 5 degrees either way thinking they're ripping like pros.

Yesterday, I saw a guy with long hair and a front-zip wetsuit jacket riding a wavestorm. He squatted on every take-off, then stood straight up and put both arms straight into the air. He did it repeatedly. I almost wanted to watch because it was so bad, but every time I did I threw up a little.
I call Poo stance + swiveling upper body in an attempt to turn, Captain Caveman.

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I'm no ripper and try not to judge others.

But...One guy I surf with has incredibly bad style. This person has dedicated his life to being a surfer and has surfed since being a teenager. Its his entire identity and he is terrible at it. His surfing consist of the stink bug stance and ridiculous looking abrupt turns. It just looks so awful.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I'm no ripper and try not to judge others.

But...One guy I surf with has incredibly bad style. This person has dedicated his life to being a surfer and has surfed since being a teenager. Its his entire identity and he is terrible at it. His surfing consist of the stink bug stance and ridiculous looking abrupt turns. It just looks so awful.
Single fin would cure that.