my foray into Reddit r/surfing community

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Wow you really went all out on that, yet there’s a lot of scenarios you ignored in your fantasy to make yourself feel good about it.

all I’ll say is responding to some girl you never met who was allegedly raped on the internets by telling her she’s full of sh!t and thinking you put on your big boy pants while doing it is a pretty low, pussy kind of move.

I’m not talking about #believeallwomen BS.

but hey if it makes ya feel better!:shaka:

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Stop it, seriously. The girl went at length through her whole story. Then she replied to comments as well. I got the whole story, believe me.

Now tell me, your wife lets a guy sleep in bed with her. They say their just friends. Are you cool with that?

Really!

Why not?

Your wife gets her tit grabbed by some guy. She doesn't say anything and lets him keep doing it. Even though you are within hearing distance. Are you going to be pissed she didn't pipe up? Maybe tell him to knock it off? Maybe just get up and walk away?

Again the rapist was, by her own admission a friend. She wasn't scared of him hurting her. She could have just gotten up, and went to sleep on the couch. But nope, she just lay there silently. She froze.

Now, lets switch it around. Some girl invites you to spend the night. You are friends with her. She seems positive, so you spoon up behind her. She's awake but doesn''t make a sound. So you grab a handful, and still she is cool with it, and says nothing. So you figure she is randy too and you go all the way.

Now you are a fvcking rapist! You disgust me! how could you have done such a thing! Go confess to the police and go to jail for 20 years.

You're young aren't you? It's ok. You've got lots of time ahead of you, and lots of experiences ahead of you. You'll figure it out later.
I was once drugged and raped by two lesbians. They took polaroids.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Going through all the BS that rape victims go through after making an accusation of rape (including what's going on in this thread), why would any victim make this up? Don't @ me and say money or regret of consensual sex.

Make accusation, get judged, get ridiculed, speculated against, name in the press (if it's high profile), reputation attacked by lawyers, judgement from peers and then knowing most rapist go uncharged? It sounds like hell. Would you go through that? Even if it was for money or regret of consensual? I doubt you would.

My father in law is the volunteer doctor at the SATC here. He's on call every weekend. Every weekend he gets called in. Majority of these victims don't file charges, I'd guess 75% or more don't (he rarely gets called to trial). The ones that do file charges have to deal with the legal side of it for YEARS. He gets called between 9pm and 3am. This isn't some hangover regret. This is real life tragedy.

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Whenever I get pissed at adult learners crowding the lineup, I realize that they will never get good and they don't know why. You want to know why adult learners and all these free spiritual bros will never get good? It's because they never sat on the inside like a grom and WATCHED good people surf a whole wave. They always want to get out to the peak and get a set. Not realizing that a fundamental part of becoming a good surfer is watching a good surfer ride a wave. They have no patience for that.

Remember when you were a grom and you'd see some of your older favorite surfers on a wave? In hindsight they might not have been that good, but they did something interesting and you watched. And you learned. Adult learners can't grasp that - they think it's like any other sport and you just jump out there and learn. Nah buddy, you gotta study.
That's most of it.

The other part is living where there's surf is expensive and it now attracts a certain type of person. VALs (Vulnerable Adult Learners), to steal the acronym from Beachgrit, feel its their right to be fighting for set waves despite having zero ability to actually surf it. That is because they probably work jobs where people kiss their ass all day and tell them they are important. They cannot fathom that the others in the lineup have priority to waves that they want.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
My first experience was with an older girlfriend. We were at her house, with her parents home.

I was freaked out about getting caught.

She literally grabbed pepito, and had her way with me. I was definitely saying no, we'll get caught. She did me anyway.

So all you "good guys" are saying my first experience was a rape?!?

How dare you darken my fondest memory.

surfysurfy1476

Nep status
Jan 27, 2018
My first experience was with an older girlfriend. We were at her house, with her parents home.

I was freaked out about getting caught.

She literally grabbed pepito, and had her way with me. I was definitely saying no, we'll get caught. She did me anyway.

So all you "good guys" are saying my first experience was a rape?!?

How dare you darken my fondest memory.
Anytime you dont get explicit verbal consent from the female its rape.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
One of my favorite surfers when I was a grom was an ice head who lived in his truck at Kewalos in the early 90's. Rode a fun board and did the sickest bottom turns. Tucked in his back leg till he got to the bottom then kicked it out and got so much speed into the lip. In hindsight, he wasn't a great surfer and I think he died a few years ago, but I watched his bottom turns every time he caught a set and would try to emulate them. I still kinda do to this day, but I don't get as low to the board as he would.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Whenever I get pissed at adult learners crowding the lineup, I realize that they will never get good and they don't know why. You want to know why adult learners and all these free spiritual bros will never get good? It's because they never sat on the inside like a grom and WATCHED good people surf a whole wave. They always want to get out to the peak and get a set. Not realizing that a fundamental part of becoming a good surfer is watching a good surfer ride a wave. They have no patience for that.

Remember when you were a grom and you'd see some of your older favorite surfers on a wave? In hindsight they might not have been that good, but they did something interesting and you watched. And you learned. Adult learners can't grasp that - they think it's like any other sport and you just jump out there and learn. Nah buddy, you gotta study.
I remember when I was a grom. 60’s at the hot water pipe. Jackie Baxter.

Learn to surf as an adult with no leash. No wetsuit.

See ya.

Great post race.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Wow you really went all out on that, yet there’s a lot of scenarios you ignored in your fantasy to make yourself feel good about it.

all I’ll say is responding to some girl you never met who was allegedly raped on the internets by telling her she’s full of sh!t and thinking you put on your big boy pants while doing it is a pretty low, pussy kind of move.

I’m not talking about #believeallwomen BS.

but hey if it makes ya feel better!:shaka:
Ok junior, I remember when I was 21, drank my first beer, and thought I knew everything

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm still learning. A current WCT pro came out to my local a couple years ago and did turns and airs on sections I didn't think were air or turn sections. Got caught inside on purpose and acted like I was fixing my leash so I could discretely watch a few of his entire waves from the inside a few times. Got new ideas on how to connect certain sections.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Going through all the BS that rape victims go through after making an accusation of rape (including what's going on in this thread), why would any victim make this up? Don't @ me and say money or regret of consensual sex.

Make accusation, get judged, get ridiculed, speculated against, name in the press (if it's high profile), reputation attacked by lawyers, judgement from peers and then knowing most rapist go uncharged? It sounds like hell. Would you go through that? Even if it was for money or regret of consensual? I doubt you would.
Because women do insane, irrational sh!t of this variety. Often there's a mental illness component.

You find it hard to believe because you are a sane, decent person.

My father in law is the volunteer doctor at the SATC here. He's on call every weekend. Every weekend he gets called in. Majority of these victims don't file charges, I'd guess 75% or more don't (he rarely gets called to trial). The ones that do file charges have to deal with the legal side of it for YEARS. He gets called between 9pm and 3am. This isn't some hangover regret. This is real life tragedy.
75% don't file charges, you guess.

Ever think there may be a multitude of reasons they don't - way beyond the scope of what you listed above?

Last edited: