Best Fullsuit?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Right! Rinse it off, keep out of sun....pretty basic. Even then, I have had it balled up in the car for a while crusting out more than a few times...
Here’s something that always gets missed.

Never ever let it dry before rinsing. The dry salt will cut the rubber. Let it dry salty just one time and you done fuckked up.

If there’s no beach shower keep it wet until you get home. I take mine off, soak it in the ocean and put it in a water proof bag until I can rinse it.

Rinse it until your wife complains about wasting water.

Also, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, if you haven’t worn a suit for a long time (month or two) soak it in fresh water the night before putting it on. SOAK IT!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Never ever let it dry before rinsing. The dry salt will cut the rubber. Let it dry salty just one time and you done fuckked up.

If there’s no beach shower keep it wet until you get home. I take mine off, soak it in the ocean and put it in a water proof bag until I can rinse it.

Also, AND THIS IS IMPORTANT, if you haven’t worn a suit for a long time (month or two) soak it in fresh water the night before putting it on. SOAK IT!

Pretty much this.
You want that salt to stay dissolved.
Neoprene is a bunch of fragile bubbles, you want to keep those bubbles intact

Manufacturer told me:

Do not take off or put on on pavement. This destroys the 'prene. Use grass or a mat.
Rinse at the beach right when you get out. Jug or shower.
Keep it wet on the ride home.
Dunk in fresh water inside and out once you get home.
Hang at waist in the shade.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Seriously?

I pee in my suits and dry them in the sun and get 3 years out of them.

With the exception of my 4/3s and 5/4s which I take off in the shower, my lighter suits have never been rinsed.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

I soak mine in fresh water overnight on the reg.

fishtank

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 20, 2010
Buying special water to rinse your suit :ROFLMAO: don’t overthink it, bathtub or in a bucket outside.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Saw this Gerber brand on sale today at CVS - 79 cents/gallon

They had 10 left - just enough for one rinse session.

I snagged all of them.

Has anyone used this stuff?

Says it's "purified for infants" so should be safe but something about it is troubling me...:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc
Mar 13, 2019
Saw this Gerber brand on sale today at CVS - 79 cents/gallon

They had 10 left - just enough for one rinse session.

I snagged all of them.

Has anyone used this stuff?

Says it's "purified for infants" so should be safe but something about it is troubling me...:confused:
The juice of pure babies is sure to make your wetsuit last longer. When I combine it with the blood of virgins, I get almost 3 seasons out of my suits. But last I checked, CVS was out of virgins.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
Any recent need essentials experience?

Thinking of getting their “ultra premium” 4/3 vs a 2 yr old Drylock from online outlet.
Yeah I’ve got the 3/2 chest zip. Had it for this winter (in Oz). It’s warm with decent seams, but it flushes lots through the neck and is fairly restrictive. For the money, though, it’s worth it in the absence of other similarly priced options. If the xcel is similarly priced, I’d go for that.

This is my 4th need essentials suit so I know what I’m getting. I’ve had a standard 3/2 steamer, spring suit and L/S vest as well.

Reactions: Swallow Tail