Broken toe

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Tape it, ice it, elevate (the usual RICE stuff) and then wear soft shoes until it heals. You could go to the doctor but they'll just tell you the same.

Toes are funny - I sprained the one on my left and then broke the one on the right the next day (my subconscious apparently likes symmetry). The sprained one took an extra two weeks to heal than the broken one. Go figure.

If you surf with it, don't wear a leash. That will be the time the leash sneaks up and bisects your toes while you're getting into a wave.

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
If you're on your feet a lot a cast shoe can help. I got one from amazon. I work on my feet 12 hours a day, so when I broke the same toe, it was really achy at the end of a shift. Wore the cast shoe and tapped it and it helped a lot. 4 weeks to new bone 8 weeks to be done. good luck!

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If you're on your feet a lot a cast shoe can help. I got one from amazon. I work on my feet 12 hours a day, so when I broke the same toe, it was really achy at the end of a shift. Wore the cast shoe and tapped it and it helped a lot. 4 weeks to new bone 8 weeks to be done. good luck!
I wear steel toe for work.

Yeah, it hurts.